Coronavirus in Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coronavirus in Colorado

Well, it's finally here! I just read the first case of Coronavirus has been confirmed here in Colorado. I'm not at all surprised given that I personally know many, many ultra affluent locals who travel frequently with few financial restrictions and little care about what happens outside of this area. The only person I've talked to who was alarmed is my excellent PT , who mentioned her concerns last week when I was treated . The Denver airport is a huge hub of travel for the very isolated surrounding area, so it makes sense it would have to get here eventually. Although my husband and I are not in the deadliest age group, of course we're worried and naturally hope no one dies here. This climate allows viruses to fester and last for many weeks. (I twice caught something here that lasted around 2 months!)So it is conceivable if it does hit hard here , it may last longer than at other locations at a lower altitude with more humidity.
    I wonder how this virus will affect Bk7 and 13 filings and discharges!

The question will be, if the businesses start closing how many new filings will come?
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Wow, this could be worse than the 2008 financial crisis!
      BTW, ironically enough, my husband went to Costco after work to load up on water, toilet paper and paper towels and the locals had beat him to it! (Another Costco location had water at least and he found the other necessities at Super Target.) People are panicking here as well. Actually, it's two cases now!
      I hope you are safe from this rapidly spreading virus where you are, jb. (I read it's in Florida, too! )

Comment

Unfortunately it’s close to being in every state now...we just have to follow precautions like we do for the flu...wash your hands, stay home if you’re sick and avoid crowds. The scary part is you may not even know you have it. I hope you avoid it @Barbsi.
        Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
        Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

People love panic lol. I had to explain to my wife, and co workers this morning, that, according to most recent numbers by WHO and CDC, only like 3.4% of these confirmed cases resulted in deaths so far. The CDC stated that the majority of people will experience mild-like flu symptoms that won't be serious enough to require hospitalization. Just practice those safety precautions sophieanne mentioned just like you would with common cold or flu and should be g2g.

I am taking interest in how all the markets are being impacted. If things keep this route, may be looking at a hike in bankruptcies this year and into early next year as well.

Comment

My kid's school sent out email that a teacher has self-quarantined due to her children being exposed. It's crazy the panic. The stores here in NY are nuts with people buying toilet paper and water! Forget about buying hand sanitizer (learned how to make my own)!. Watching the stock market go up and down is insane too. Good point about a hike in BK filings Macc404 .

Comment

Well, a lot of people in Colorado are laughing on social media about others panicking! As long as no one dies here, they will continue to mock and make fun of any thing that doesn't impact them. I just hope the housing market doesn't tank here before the summer or fall of 2022 so my husband and I can sell our house and get out of here forever and that's no joke!
              Are people mocking this virus where you guys live? It seems really callous and heartless to make light of something that has already killed a decent number worldwide.

Comment

Hi @Barbsi - I can guarantee you that in WA state, no one is mocking this virus. I think one of the biggest issues right now, is the contradiction of information coming from different sources. People need to listen to the experts.
                Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

sophieanne, I'm not at all surprised people in WA state are taking this seriously -first of all, you guys have already lost lives (those poor elderly nursing home residents!) and your state boasts many Fortune 500 companies with high levels of really intelligent , internationally aware people.
                  Colorado boasts a ignorant culture of cannabis as both the #1 business export and a general cure-all for every thing from the common cold to cancer!
                  These social media fools even say more people are currently dying in car accidents, so how bad can a few thousand deaths world wide be? This one family travels to Disneyland twice a month and their only concern will be , might Disneyland close for a while? This same couple (with out their two kids!) just returned from a free trip to Hawaii and seemed bemused and irratated that toilet paper / towels /water were sold out at Costco, and they had to order from Amazon! People like them couldn't care less how many people end up dying.
                  We are blessed at the moment that we are not permitted to travel until 2022 -this lowers our risk but I still wish people weren't dying any where from this. It is definitely a tragedy .

Comment

@Barbsi - it's a scary situation, mainly because of the unknown. Have you looked at some of the prices on Amazon for tissue products and water...looks like some major gauging going on. Trying to keep the death count down is absolutely on a lot of our minds. Stay safe.
                    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

I bought a case of toilet paper in October 2019 for $19.99. Scotts and the case is of 20 rolls. I just bought another case yesterday, from Amazon, and it arrives tomorrow by 9PM. I paid $21.49.

I found this on Amazon. Just don't buy the first thing you see when searching. Research and look around as there are many sellers selling many things. We try to ONLY buy things on Amazon that are both Sold By and Shipped By Amazon. We learned this the hard way a year ago when buying inventory for our stores. The buyer would just click the first thing they saw, and I had to change all the purchaser accounts to require a review. They weren't "price" shopping... they were just buying the first thing that they saw on Amazon.

(Oh, and I paid $0.00 shipping since I have Amazon Prime Business.)

Perfect example: I just searched for "bottled water Zephyrhills" on Amazon and it said $47 for a case of 24 bottles 16oz. I then did a normal bottled water search and found Nestle Purelife bottled water (16 oz) for $12.99/case of 24. (I will admit that $12.99 for 24 is 3 times higher than what you may be able to get it from Walmart, but I think it's the shipping that's being embedded in the cost.).

I also just found Acqua Panna, which is premium bottled water, for $24.99 for a case of 24 (16.9 oz). So I'm buying 4 cases to put in my emergency closet (free shipping). The Acqua Panna is normally about $24.60 at Staples and other stores, so it's on par.

So my public service announcement is to please shop around, just like you would in your neighborhood grocery stores.
                      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Absolutely agree about shopping around and about watching Amazon for their prices versus their marketplace vendors. Amazon says they are pulling ads for price gauging but I’m not sure they are keeping up with them.
                        Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X