Pending Statuses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pending Statuses?

Checking on PACER for the first time ever, wondering if anyone can help me understand?
    Chapter 7, Asset: No
    Vol: v
    Date filed: 01/14/2020
    Date of last filing: 02/19/2020
    BEGIN DATE: 01/14/2020
    TIME IN STATUS : 66 days
    #: 1
    STATUS SET BY: “Chapter 7 Voluntary Petition-case upload”

It’s past the 66 day mark, but no indication of an official discharge or closing?

I would truly appreciate any enlightenment on what it all means? Is there anything I should be doing or not doing?

Please help, I’m lost😂😂
    Subibrokeme
    Oregon
    Last edited by Subibrokeme; 03-20-2020, 10:40 PM.

Welcome to BKForum.

The discharge comes "as quickly as administratively possible" 60 days past the first meeting of creditors. I would expect that your Meeting of creditors was sometime around February 18th. You should expect to see the discharge entered sometime after April 18th, give or take a few days. Have you completed your financial management course (a/k/a the second course)? If so, have you submitted your certificate of completion? Those are required for the discharge so if you haven't done that please get that done and sent to your attorney (if represented, otherwise you'll have to file those with the Clerk).
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. My Meeting of Creditors was February 10th. I completed the second financial management course on January 20th. The certificate was electronically filed by the company I took it through, additionally submitted by my attorney prior to the February 10th court date.
      I have poured over this forum as well as do it numerous searches looking for
      STATUS SET BY: “Chapter 7 Voluntary Petition-case upload” .
      to clarify if my case is deficient in requirements, or anything else that may be holding up the discharge of my debts and closing of my case. Unfortunately without success. finding any clarification.

I would like to be able to move forward and purchase a replacement vehicle for the one I surrendered my responsibility and ownership of. When I spoke with my bank, they asked if I had received a letter from the court granting permission to apply for credit again. I haven’t received anything from my attorney or the courts since my February 10th Meeting.

Comment

It's this simple. The case will be discharged as soon as administratively possible 60 days from the February 10th meeting of creditors. From my calculation, that date is Friday, April 10, 2020. You will not receive your discharge prior to or on that date. The earliest date that you would receive your discharge is on Monday, April 23, 2020 (because nothing happens on a weeks, but maybe they'll issue it on that Friday?) The discharge date is based on a calculation from the date of the (first scheduled) 341 Meeting.

You would then receive, in the mail or through your attorney, a Chapter 7 Discharge order. It's only one page long. There is no wording in the Order Discharging Debtor which will read that you have "permission to apply for credit again." If the discharge is issued on Monday, April 23, 2020, you should be able to see it in PACER, then download and print the copy for the bank.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X