Discharged!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged!!!

Finally...our discharge was entered yesterday. It's been a long 4 years, with some bumps in the road (New A/C, hot water heater, new engine), but it was totally worth it. Now we await case closure, so we can officially begin our new home search. Hopefully, it won't take too long to close.

Originally posted by StuckinaRut View Post
    ... with some bumps in the road (New A/C, hot water heater, new engine), but it was totally worth it
    I know exactly how you feel. I had 2 broken A/C units, a septic line break and replacement (under concrete driveway), car problems (luckily under a recall at the time for two major issues -- transmission and fuel pump)... and the list goes on.

Totally worth it!

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Congratulations...your hard work paid off! Take a deep breath and enjoy your new freedom!
      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

StuckinaRut, congratulations! Welcome to COVID-19 induced "Discharge limbo"; I got my discharge during the first week of March and here we are now heading for June and no closure yet.
        Latent car nut.

Comment

Our attorney advised that we do not have to wait until case closure to apply incur debt. Now to begin the house hunting. Yippeee!!

Comment

Originally posted by StuckinaRut View Post
            Our attorney advised that we do not have to wait until case closure to apply incur debt. Now to begin the house hunting. Yippeee!!
            While true, I have found it to be a bit of a challenge to get any form of credit while the bankruptcy is technically still active.
            Latent car nut.

Comment

Congrats!!!
              I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Congrats on the discharge!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X