Linda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linda

I am concerned that I might be in trouble . I opened a credit card account and then discovered I should not have done that. Will I be in trouble due to my Ch. 13 bankruptcy?

linda - welcome to this site. I read in another post you are nearing the end of your Chapter 13? If your confirmation order said you shouldn’t incur credit then that’s not a good thing. Having said that, have you used the card? If so, have you paid it off? You may have received a card, but if you didn’t use it or if you used it but paid it off, it should not be an issue. I would suggest not using it until your case is discharged. Your trustee will not be checking to see if you opened one..hopefully you just made your payments as required and had no issues. Good luck as you come to the end of your case.
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Hi Sophieanne, Thanks for your input. I have used the card but will make sure it is paid off and then I will not use it until after the the bankruptcy is over. I have made all of my payments on time and have 4 months to go.

Comment

I also would not worry too much about this. The reason that they don't allow (most) debtors to incur debt while in a Chapter 13, is to make sure that the debtor is successful and completes her Chapter 13 without issue.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I appreciate your input and I will make sure not to use the card. Thanks so much.

Comment

lindy73, I'm actually surprised you were granted a card; I received any number of "Pre-Approved" applications for credit cards while I was in my Chapter 13 and, just for kicks and grins, decided to see if they were serious. Yeah, no; instant denial due to the bankruptcy.
            Latent car nut.

Comment

I am not sure why I got the card but I did. Thanks for your info!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X