Heart attack -- PANDEMIC ELECTION and so on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heart attack -- PANDEMIC ELECTION and so on

Over the past year I have tried to explain to my family that I do not want to hear about national events. Last week, the stress is so bad, I honestly believe I had delayed a heart attack. Tightness in chest, gritting teeth, inflamed gums, dizzy spells. nose bleeds. I live alone and family is mom and siblings. We talk often by phone. I am at the end of my rope. It is bad enough our world is in a bad shape right now. I dont want to constantly focus on the never ending doom. It never ends. It isnt possible to go a day with out exposure to the info- even if i dont look at news or TV/radio.= talking to family - well- becomes living this nightmare. I verbally told them I am taking a break from this madness one way or the other, if I dont get a break, I am just taking it.

I may have to take a break on being friends with family because every phone call is the doom.

I did my best to rationally explain, I simply cant handle reliving this all- 24-7. They are unable to understand my position.

It sucks that for the past year- many can only talk about 2 topics. The killer pandemic and the outrage election US. I want off this carnival ride. If I dont get away from the mental part- there will be a heart attack.

I'm sorry to read that you're in such turmoil and that you are having severe issues with the current state of the world. I too have stopped talking to a bunch of people. I can't stand what people talk about on Facebook and just read and never reply to anything. The stress is too great.

It's okay to take a step back for your personal health and mental stability.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I appreciate that. Generally in life if the other person only talks about the same topic all the time- no matter what it is- I am going to lose interest. Current events has brought me closer to my brother and mom. I contacted my DR and asked to increase blood pressure medication. Being that I identified a danger per possible heart attack - I can address that. Usually I can avoid the stresses. These days it has gotten harder to do so. I have a pet kitty cat and he helps immensely to relax. I have begun giving him a hair cut- he loves to be brushed. ...current events seem to even have the neighbors in a state of shock. My furnace broke a few weeks back, I phoned 2 neighbors to borrow a space heater- not even one of them as a courtesy called me back to say they could not help me. Then my car was broke down partly on street- 2 flat tires due to snow- and same set of neighbors DID wave hello- but no one came out to offer help- so it sat there all day. Not that they owe me.

Comment

It's a different world. We are but mere participants.

Here's to hoping the murder hornets and COVID become something that we just talked about "back in the day."
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X