top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So my credit score dropped 74 points today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So my credit score dropped 74 points today.

Just thought I'd share. CapOne closed the accounts that were showing open for some reason and current. Now its 593.

Oh OUCH!

I opened, and then subsequently close, one CapOne account back in the April-June time frame and I think my credit score only dropped about 20 points. Maybe these accounts were really old and were helping your average age of your accounts.
    Latent car nut.

Comment

I thinking the same thing shipo. Specifically that they were open accounts and were keeping the AAOA at a decent number of months/years.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Not to be outdone by Equifax, Transunion had to show off and drop my score 84 points today.

Comment

Wow! Was it a really old account?
          Latent car nut.

Comment

It was 11 years old and no late payments.

Comment

Ahhh, losing an 11-year old account is probably what hurt you. What is your new Average Age of Accounts?
              Latent car nut.

Comment

An 11-year old account with a perfect payment history will hurt if all your accounts are very recent (< 2 years). Even if you have accounts greater than two years, but less than 5 years, losing an 11-year old perfect account will lower your score.
                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I'm still an auth user on my ex-husband's credit card (shhhh, he doesn't know!), so my AAOA is amazing. I hope he never notices!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X