Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ch 7 meeting tomorrow, I should NOT have filed though im realizing.

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ch 7 meeting tomorrow, I should NOT have filed though im realizing.

I filed myself. I filed in a hurry without reading these boards enough. Tomorrow is my first meeting in court and i dont have a lawer. Probably spent 45 hours doing the paperwork. paid the full 330 dollars and 40 in classes. I should not have filed though I have learned. I have since learned that the look back period of paying relatives is not really 1 year. It can really be six years, even though i didnt really pay anyone back,I live the life of a poor person, and am going to still get drilled tomorow. I have alot going against me, 1- I had to much credit card debt compared to most people. and some other issues. acutually i dont even want to write all the issues its just depresing that i wasted that money, i needed it.

Oh I feel so bad for you please keep your chin up and post here tomorrow or message me. Please keep us posted.

Comment

The look back period of paying relatives is not really 1 year. It can really be six years, even though i didnt really pay anyone back,I live the life of a poor person, and am going to still get drilled tomorow.
      Did you pay anyone in the past 90 days? Most of the time the trustee only cares about any payments made (unsecured) in the prior three months to filing. And even so it's not your problem. For instance if you paid some of your credit cards the trustee may force the companies to give it to them to distribute. Family wise I never have heard of a trustee going back 6 years and demanding payment for distribution (from anyone). Maybe it's different for my district but I wouldn't stress over it. The only thing I would stress over is if you paid uncle Joe hundreds of dollars over the past several months. Don't freak out, Ch7 (if you meet the requirements, income, exemptions etc) is not that horrible to go through.

Comment

Typically for insiders it is one year. Unless you did something really stupid they can look back 90 days for payments to outsiders and one year for those that are insiders. Beyond that they’d need something that shows that you were trying to cheat the system by giving money away and such 1 year and 1 day before filing. So anything past one year you should be fine, insider or not.

how did your 341 meeting go? And you mention your first meeting in court. If all went well this will be your only meeting in court and your sixty day clock ends September 10 (or the Monday following if that’s on a weekend). Since it sounds like you’ve done the second course you should be just about done!

Comment

How did it go? I'm guessing it wasn't near as bad as you thought.

Keep in mind the Trustees are human (or at least mostly so!) and they are mainly looking for high value cases and obvious willful fraud. If you have a negative net worth and are living the life of a poor person they probably aren't going to be going over your situation with a fine toothed comb looking for pennies here and there.

Comment

Court went well. The people before me were asked many questions but I really wasn't asked a single thing of interest. Anyway I leArned a lot from this forum and it helped me do it without a lawyer. My school loans which are only ten grand I won't pursue. I've read a bit on that and they really ask to many questions on where your money's going and it cost me probably four hundred a month just to date as most men spend double or triple that in the LA area so if I don't wAnt to be alone my whole life it's a necessary expense. And to get out of school loans they will 've distracting where every penny goes. Rather just pay it forever

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X