Creditor deadline passed...now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creditor deadline passed...now what?

All is going well (I think). Creditor deadline for objection just passed, so when can I expect to see a status change in my case? It says awaiting closing. Will it change to awaiting discharge and then close after that?

No asset/CH 7.

A case is always awaiting closing from the day that it is filed. There will likely not be an awaiting discharge status. I tell everyone not to look at the Deadlines/Schedule link in PACER because that's the tickle file for the Clerk's office.

However, the date which is tied to the discharge is called the "Objection to Discharge Due" deadline in that section of PACER. If there were no objections to discharge on or before that date, then a clerk in the Clerk's office will enter the discharge. In some Districts, the system is set to automatically discharge (and possibly also auto close) the case after that deadline has passed. In most Districts, the discharge is entered manually. There could also be flags on the case preventing it from automatically (or even manually) receiving a discharge.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X