When will it be over??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When will it be over??

Filed in 2018. Paid out almost 17k on 20k. Lawyer is stating trustee’s site is showing 15 more months to go. I am confused. I wish I could just pay the balance off. My 36 mo mark will be in Nov. Has anybody had success with this??

Welcome to BKForum.

You can check the Trustee's information by using the National Data Center (a/k/a the NDC). Just search for "National Data Center" (which should come back to ndc.org). You can create your own account.

it's not intuitive, but from the dashboard click "Plan Step Information." Then add up the number of steps that listed. It would be 36 for 36 months, and 48 for 48 months... etc. Mine add up to 62 because I was in a 60 month plan with 2 IRS Tax Refunds submitted as a non-monthly payment. (The steps that are part of your plan are listed as "MONTHLY" and the non-monthly payments are likely listed as "L" for the payment frequency.)

Maybe you're in a 48 month plan. Did you look at your confirmation order?
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Do not pay ahead or pay extra other than tax refunds without your lawyer's permission.

The reason they make you stay for the full duration is to catch windfalls like inheritances, lawsuit settlements, and the very rare lottery win to fully pay off your unsecured creditors. Paying extra doesn't make it any faster. It just makes you poorer.

Comment

Originally posted by flashoflight View Post
        Do not pay ahead or pay extra other than tax refunds without your lawyer's permission.
        I just have to repeat that.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

NDC is where I am getting my information from. My lawyer told me after 36 mos I could motion to pay the balance. I only have taxes to pay, and less than $1500 on 2 claims. It appears that the trustee has paid himself $1130 thus far. I just want this to be over this yr. With the Covid uncertainty, bankruptcy is causing unnecessary stress which I totally hold myself accountable for.

Comment

Originally posted by TamBam View Post
            NDC is where I am getting my information from. My lawyer told me after 36 mos I could motion to pay the balance. I only have taxes to pay, and less than $1500 on 2 claims. It appears that the trustee has paid himself $1130 thus far. I just want this to be over this yr. With the Covid uncertainty, bankruptcy is causing unnecessary stress which I totally hold myself accountable for.
            Is it safe to assume you are in a 100% plan?
            Latent car nut.

Comment

Originally posted by shipo View Post

Is it safe to assume you are in a 100% plan?
              Yes, allowed claims.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X