Been in ch 13 going on 3 yrs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been in ch 13 going on 3 yrs

I have always paid by direct deposit from my checking. I got a new job and trustee sent an order to my employer for them to deduct from my paycheck. I have never missed a payment and have paid directly from checking from the beginning. This is so annoying!

In some districts, paying by wage deduction order is mandatory. Sorry about that! I was able to forgo the wage deduction order here in Florida. It was nice as the Trustee still allowed me to setup automatic payments through TrustWin (some sort of Trustee system from SunTrust).

Unfortunately the mandatory WDO for Chapter 13 debtors is part (some) of the systems in place to keep a debtor in-plan.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Which is crazy because they approved me to pay on my own when I filed through today.

Comment

Originally posted by TamBam View Post
        Which is crazy because they approved me to pay on my own when I filed through today.
        Maybe it's just a misunderstanding from the Chapter 13 Trustee's office. I mean, they may usually want a WDO and when you changed jobs they just did what they normally do... file another WDO.

I might be inclined to contact the Chapter 13 Trustee's office to sort this out. I personally did not want the WDO to show on my paystubs.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you! I found the prior release from my first WDO.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X