Question about burrowing in chapter 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about burrowing in chapter 13

Don't remember but I read somewhere that if you are in an active Chapter 13 BK, you can borrow up to $1000 without requiring approval from the trustee. Is that correct? Please advice

No, it depends on your specific trustee and court. The limit could be zero. It could be higher than $1000.

Comment

Check your documents it should tell you what you can do. It was stated in ours my husband and I could only have $500 each in credit.
      I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Originally posted by flashoflight View Post
        No, it depends on your specific trustee and court. The limit could be zero. It could be higher than $1000.
        okay thank you so much

Comment

Originally posted by Carmella View Post
          Check your documents it should tell you what you can do. It was stated in ours my husband and I could only have $500 each in credit.
          Good idea, should've thought of that

Comment

As others have said, whether, and how much, one can borrow while in a Chapter 13 varies rather dramatically. In my case I couldn't incur debt for a single penny without prior approval for the full five years.
            Latent car nut.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X