Thank you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you

I would like to express my gratitude and appreciation for this community. It's been 5 long years and the advice that I got from this forum was priceless. I've come here throughout the years to read about the success of others as well as their challenges. Today, I noticed the Trustee added a document to my docket on Pacer. Here's an excerpt of it.

The Chapter 13 Trustee has verified the Debtors in the above-referenced Chapter 13 case has completed payments under the confirmed plan. The Trustee does not verify any payments made direct and outside the plan have been paid and are current. The Chapter 13 Trustee respectfully requests that this Court enter an order terminating the Employee Wage Deduction Order, if applicable. The Chapter 13 Trustee's Final Report of Estate will be submitted as soon as practicable after all payments made to creditors have been negotiated and no outstanding disbursements remain. This case will remain open pending receipt of the Chapter 13 Trustee's Final Report of Estate. Upon submission, an order discharging the Chapter 13 Trustee will be entered in this case.

DEBTORS Debtors must complete and file a Certificate of Compliance, Motion for Issuance of Discharge and Notice of Deadline to Object (LF-97) or no discharge of debtors will be issued in this case.

Congratulations; yet another odds defying Chapter 13 completion in the books!
    Latent car nut.

Comment

The Chapter 13s are winning! Congratulations!!!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by ImNotAlone View Post
        I would like to express my gratitude and appreciation for this community. It's been 5 long years and the advice that I got from this forum was priceless. I've come here throughout the years to read about the success of others as well as their challenges. Today, I noticed the Trustee added a document to my docket on Pacer. Here's an excerpt of it.
        I second the motion, got the same statement in the mail today!

Does my attorney send the "Certificate of Compliance, Motion for Issuance of Discharge and Notice of Deadline to Object (LF-97) " to me for completion and signature?

Do I need to contact them regarding that?

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by GL57months View Post
          Does my attorney send the "Certificate of Compliance, Motion for Issuance of Discharge and Notice of Deadline to Object (LF-97) " to me for completion and signature?
          The specific form can and will likely differ from each district. In fact, notice that the notice listed above ends with "LF-97" which means Local Form 97.

Hopefully you are in touch with your attorney and when your payments are completed, or about to be completed, they will update you on specifically what you need to sign. It is almost always some version of an Affidavit of Compliance with Domestic Support Obligations or something similar (a/k/a a local form).
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks, justbroke, I have not had any contact with my attorney for some time, last was in Oct 2019, when the judge for my case retired. My payments are completed, trustee close date Jan 28, and marked paid in full. I took a look on the trustee's site and the form is on there, but obviously blank, no names, case number,(of course I know it), etc. I don't own a printer thus the blank form is not a help. I will call my attorney Monday.

Comment

All Chapter 13 Debtors fill out some sort of affidavit related to the payment (or not) of domestic support obligations. It's a requirement of the discharge. Local rules may require a specific local form and may ask other questions. I would stay on top of this to ensure that your discharge comes as quickly as possible.

Comment

Yes, I intend to pursue it and complete it! I read that somewhere here, just seems so foreign to me, as I am charging into my senior years. My youngest child will be 39 later this year. I understand there must be procedures, this has been such a marathon, I am ready to break the tape at the finish line. Child support, was never an issue for me, and those years are in my rear view mirror. My first full year of chapter 13 was social security income only, many of us blue collar workers got hit hard by the Great Recession, and fall out post-recovery. No intention to be a complainer, I was very lucky, got called back at a lower income level same employer, many a few years older than I never went back to work. I will update when complete. Best Regards.

Comment

Congrats! I agree, this forum has saved my sanity more than once.

Comment

Attorney filed the "MOTION FOR ISSUANCE OF DISCHARGE" last week and stated that I should get a discharge in 30 days.

Comment

Wow, this year is developing into a bumper crop of Chapter 13 discharges; congratulations!
                      Latent car nut.

Comment

Congrats! I also signed and submitted my affidavit last week. Case listed as COMPLETED on NDC. Hopefully, the final accounting will be quick and I'll also be discharged soon! Yahoo!

Comment

Discharged! Posted on pacer Feb 24th. Hooray! Group hug, LoL.

Comment

CONGRATS!!! ImNotAlone

It is great to hear the success stories!

I start my countdown it's March! 12 months and counting down!
                            I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Thank you. I received the Order of Discharge today.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X