Ch 13 Plan Confirmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ch 13 Plan Confirmed

After a year of many sleepless nights, compulsively checking home values to see if our non exempt equity was going to doom us, gathering a million documents, going through bank statements, justifying budgets to Trustee, we are FINALLY confirmed. I feel 50 pounds lighter, and we are already 5 payments in, so…55 to go!!! Our payment is high but budget is comfortable enough, and as far as I can tell tax refunds aren’t going to be contributed, which is great since we are owed the full amount of the third stimulus and most of the child tax credit that we did not receive last year. Thanks to this board for answering a lot of my I asked questions and showing how many people actually DO make it through ch 13 bk!

Congratulations on confirmation. Now just stay off the Trustee's radar.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Congrats on being able to breathe! I'm filing and wonder if the non exempt home equity is going to hunt me as well. And put a payment plan out of reach and setting my self up for failure if the payments are two high. Did the non exempt end up working out for you? Of course please don't answer if that is to personal. And congrats!

Comment

Congratulations cohome81!
        Yes, you will get through this, even if you have suck mud sometimes, as I refer to it.
        You can find ways to save money, even get craft beer (not that watery, yellow, flat, sallowy liquid trash) on clearance at King Soopers in CO ... oh dang I just blew my secret! LOL.
        Aisle 12 / laundry aisle is where it's at! Or the back of the store. We got a lot of good stuff there: pasta, candy, cake mixes, fancy soup and yea, beer! Now, Safeway has a 'supposedly' clearance bin but these days it's a totally comprehensive ripoff. They double the price on that stupid orange price tag, then take half off that, so you only 'think' you're getting a deal - total Bullsh*t, so avoid their bargain bin if you can. Check the same items in the normal aisle to confirm.
        There is a TV show on Sling / bon appetit or Gusto, or something, called Struggle Meals. At first I thought the host was a nut... ok I still do but, the show makes a lot of sense, check it out if you can. He / the show creators show you how to make great food, and save a lot of money.
        Also: entertainment - if you are in the area, check out Movie Tavern/Marcus Theaters in Aurora. On Tuesdays, all movies, five bucks per ticket. And if you are a member? Free. Popcorn. Hell Yeah! Note though, some showings such as the increasingly popular films in the 'Telugu' (Indian speaking) languages, and Anime (dubbed and original language) may not be $5 on Tuesdays, but still really cool films! Though, very long.
        Last edited by Zombie13; 04-08-2022, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by azphoenix View Post
          Congrats on being able to breathe! I'm filing and wonder if the non exempt home equity is going to hunt me as well. And put a payment plan out of reach and setting my self up for failure if the payments are two high. Did the non exempt end up working out for you? Of course please don't answer if that is to personal. And congrats!
          The equity did not end up being an issue because our plan is based on disposable income instead. Your attorney should be able to help you work through this if the equity/pdi end up being close…it feels like it was a long road to get to confirmation, but an experienced attorney and so many knowledgeable people here can attest to the fact that you will get confirmed, just takes a bit of fine tuning. Hopefully AZ is thinking of changing exemption amounts given the crazy rise in home values. I know the Colorado legislature just passed a huge change in homestead exemptions because of how crazy it is here!

Comment

zombie, I love that! We are up a bit north from Aurora, but that’s a great thing to note, especially as summer comes and we are looking for cool activities in bought air.

I have followed you and Barbisi here for awhile…congrats on being done…can’t wait for more updates from you all!

Comment

Cohome81, thank you for so many positive and empathetic comments on our situation. We are so thrilled to finally be getting out of here after being stranded for a mostly miserable twelve-year "sentence". I wish we had met more nice people like you in the time we had to live here!
              Also, if you are interested in more indie/ foreign/arthouse films, check out the Denver Landmark Theaters on Monday/Tuesday days /evenings. All regular seats are $7! Just a few weeks ago, we saw "Drive My Car" (Japan), "Compartment No. 6" (Finland) in Finnish and Russian, "Parallel Mothers" (Spain) and "Grosse Freiheit" (Austria). These films are always subtitled in English and are rarely shown elsewhere in town. The Sie Center is now extremely expensive and out of touch with current events (eg. still requiring full masking and actual vaccination cards to enter.)
              Second & Charles has a free bin near the front door which sometimes offers nice DVDs , Blurays, CDs, and books. I even scored a brand new boxed holiday ornament /book set worth $30 (which I gave as a Christmas gift to our realtors!) and a cute handmade metal Coca-Cola Van made in the Philippines of recycled cans.(It had a tag, but no price and appeared new.) I also found a new-appearing large round blue metal snowflake canister which makes a wonderful front door bin for all papers, glass bottles, cartons ,etc. that are earmarked for the recycle can. You can sell old books, DVDs ,blurays, etc. there and earn good store credit. I recently had $75 in store dollars and found the Criterion Ingmar Bergman Collection bluray boxed set sealed for $78 (normally selling for up to$300!!!!) and only had to pay$1.62 out of pocket cash. (We sold more old entertainment stuff last week and now have $78 again to spend before we leave.)They have a location in Broomfield as well as in Aurora and Littleton/Lakewood. (A total of three I believe.)
              Some restaurants we have managed to get deals from include Newks (one is located in Arvada), and GQue Barbeque (one location is further North but I've forgotten which town.) You need to sign up for emails/ apps. Many others, like Bennett's, Luigi's, The Bent Noodle, and Min J have gone out of business.
              Also, join DSW as a member and you can donate old shoes/ boots and get $5 store credit for two, or during a special promotion time, $10 per pair! (I've had as much as $50 store credit at once!) They sell other things besides shoes, and always have reduced items up to 75% off. (You just have to look around.)
              We didn't go bankrupt from overspending, rather, we ended up there because of buying the wrong fixer upper "investor" house.

Comment

Our ch 13 came from a variety of circumstances…but just happy to be where we are now and hopefully stay off trustees radar. A huge tax return deposit in the coming days might get us on that radar sooner than we hoped…but we were due the third stimulus from last year so perhaps we’ll keep it!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X