house hunting trip complete (?) Wired.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

house hunting trip complete (?) Wired.

Ok so as sophieanne mentioned, WA is not like CO... you are SO Right! On so many levels. Green! Trees! Mix of people! And omg steeeeeeep hills - and we know our mountains! I got a touch of vertigo a couple times. We put in applications for 2 places - one further from the job, one closer. Hope the closer one pans out - it is sweet.

Zombie13 ..Lol.. I was thinking about the 2 of you yesterday. We drove up to Seattle to get a takeout dinner from one of the big restaurants. Olympia is nice and flat, areas of Seattle have lots of hills, as you learned. As a matter of fact, our SUV actually rolled back a bit as we were at a stoplight on a very steep hill. I was wondering where you might’ve been at the time. It is beautiful here, and although it does get cold in the winter, it is nothing compared to Colorado. Good luck I hope you get the rental you’re hoping for. I will be looking forward to your next update. Seattle is the lively area of the state, Olympia he’s very laid-back. I think you are both going to love the Seattle area.
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Ah sophieanne - Olympia sounds like where we live now; fairly flat, but hills nearby.
      Yes we love all those trees, and that moist air - we can breathe! Definitely different from the higher altitude dry air here in Denver.
      We put in applications for two places: one in north Puyallup - commute appears to be < 45 minutes according to Mapquest (checking this during different times: AM/PM rush hour, weekends); and a really nice, huge, 3100 sq ft home in Renton (very close to job) - at least one other person put in an application for this one; we mentioned the BK to the owner. We shall see! I prefer a shorter commute but we reason, get a local address. Then if necessary, move again in 10 months or so when we are local and can easily jump on a house, and prove the bank account home sale funds: around 200K. What do you think, forum members? I remember Carmella mentioned before: get house/address. It doesn't have to be the permanent address. Just get up there, then look after landing. Any pros/cons you could add please? thanks!

Comment

Zombie13 - crossing my fingers you get the one you want. You might want to check out Trulia ..they have more reasonably priced rentals in Renton.
        Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
        Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

sophieanne - will do, thanks!

Comment

I hope you find the rental house that you want. No need to rush into a house especially after the fiasco with the Colorado house. Better to get settled and then find the right house IMHO even though you will have to move again which would be the downside. It sounds very exciting!!!
            I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X