Discharge and autoclose - another Pro Se winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharge and autoclose - another Pro Se winner

Well at long last I get to do the 'Discharged!' post.

The long, stressful journey is over. My case auto closed soon after the discharge. I kept everything. I owe nothing.

My trustee complimented me on my organization and thoroughness of my paperwork. 'honesty is the best policy' paid off here and I think he caught on to my earnest disclosure . I was very diligent in my communications with him and my creditors.

Im proud of the fact it has my name next to 'represented by'. ;) God knows I needed a WIN in my life.

I am charged with new confidence in myself and hope for the future.

Its unreal to think that i have no legal responsibility for the past debts. All those years dutifully paying and paying , never missing a payment until the end, against a balance that would never go down...just gets wiped away to ZERO.

I only need to worry about paying my present bills to survive. and thrive.

Like everyone else says 'i wish id done it sooner'. Though in retrospect I waited when I was all the way down to the bone. So i truly had no assets and a large time distance between the default with my creditors.

I highly encourage anyone thinking about bankruptcy to look into it

Thank you to all those on here who put up with my anxious posts. Big thanks to justbroke despritfreya ... sorry if i left out others who helped

I was supremely skeptical ... yet I can say the system has worked in protecting the little guy.

(yeah they can still reopen the case at any time, so im saving my champagne for at least a year lol)
    Last edited by bornfree2; 05-25-2022, 10:58 AM.

Originally posted by bornfree2 View Post
    Well at long last I get to do the 'Discharged!' post.

The long, stressful journey is over. My case auto closed soon after the discharge. I kept everything. I owe nothing.
    Congratulations! I know that you (more than) stressed about this so it's nice to see that discharge and autoclose. Well done.

My trustee complimented me on my organization and thoroughness of my paperwork. 'honesty is the best policy' paid off here and I think he caught on to my earnest disclosure . I was very diligent in my communications with him and my creditors.
    Yes, they do notice.

Im proud of the fact it has my name next to 'represented by'. ;) God knows I needed a WIN in my life.
    Whenever I talked to a post-petition creditor and they say who is the lawyer, and I say I'm representing myself as my own counsel, some are taken aback. But remember that BK is a very powerful tool and they are easy to "win" if you are deserving of a bankruptcy discharge. Very little litigation (based on averages) goes on in bankruptcy as it was designed to be streamlined. So take the win, the victory lap, and be thankful that the BK code actually does protect the little guy.

Thank you to all those on here who put up with my anxious posts. Big thanks to justbroke despritfreya ... sorry if i left out others who helped
    I thank all those that came before me and those that continue to teach me something new every day.

I was supremely skeptical ... yet I can say the system has worked in protecting the little guy.
    Hey! I just wrote that!

(yeah they can still reopen the case at any time, so im saving my champagne for at least a year lol)
    Only up to a year for cause. This, again, is extremely rare.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks justbroke . I honestly would not have had the confidence to do this solo without your advice and encouragement along the way.

My only concern at this point is a tax liability that i declared as secured. I wasnt going to try to declare it dischargeable and want to pay it. So i dont know if should make the call or wait a bit as the discharge goes through the bureaucracy. What i dont want is for the case to be reopened and have to 'discuss' it there.

I managed to find IRS manual on collections. https://www.irs.gov/irm/part5 . There is a section on bankruptcy. I want to get ahead of this thing so the case remains closed and we setup a payment plan, etc.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X