• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bianci
    replied
    Originally posted by gman View Post
    Top tidbits on filing pro se.

3. Download a free copy of BEST CASE Chapter 7 bankruptcy software so you can run any scenarios you need to before your final filing. Note a free copy does not allow you to print out your paperwork....you will still need to fill this in on the side.
    Hello -- Not sure if gman is still posting & reading this forum, but is it okay to download the free "demo" of "BEST CASE Chapter 7 bankruptcy software" if you're not a law firm. The "free demo download" form asks for a company name. And the software seems to be meant for attorneys. Thanks for any help.

Leave a comment:

• AdamGarcia
    replied
    Good information. All pro se filers should print out a list of important deadlines.

Leave a comment:

• arthoralbert
    replied
    hi,
    I think so Shah Peerally Law group we understand that that people facing credit difficulties and seeking debt settlement are not “bad people,” just people who have been experiencing unexpected circumstances due to unavoidable problems such as unemployment, divorce, or health issues-all of which might lead to depletion of your finances

Leave a comment:

• OhioFiler
    replied
    Originally posted by lotsahats View Post
    So, does the sixty-day deadline only apply to creditors who show up at the 341? In other words, if a creditor does not show up, does that necessarily mean that they can't/won't object?
    ALL creditors have 60 days whether they attend the 341 meeting or not. Attendance at a 341 meeting is optional for creditors, mandatory for petitioners.

Leave a comment:

• lotsahats
    replied
    So, does the sixty-day deadline only apply to creditors who show up at the 341? In other words, if a creditor does not show up, does that necessarily mean that they can't/won't object?

Leave a comment:

• jetsfan2010
    replied
    still waiting...hoping any day next week I will join the "club"

Leave a comment:

• jetsfan2010
    replied
    Im halfway to my end point. 30 days from the 341, and it seems the next 30 days will be like a year...lol

Leave a comment:

• despritfreya
    replied
    Originally posted by Lexie View Post
    Does the date for a creditor to file a claim hold to the 60 days after the 341 hearing, even if the trustee requested an extension to further review the assets?
    You were dealing with revocation of the discharge due to a clerical error back in May. Unless someone has extended the time in which to file 532/727 complaints you should have your discharge. Since we do not know what is going on with your case the following is a general statement:

1. Creditors (and the Trustee) have 60 days from the originally 341 to file objections either under 523 or 727 (trustees and, to a lesser extent creditors, use 727).

2. If a creditor or the Trustee is not prepared to file a 523 or 727 by the 60th day they can request an extension of time for such a filing. The Motion to Extend must be filed within that 60 day limit and subsequent motions are not uncommon but should be objected to if unreasonable.

3. The 60 day rule has nothing to do with the filing of claims unless a claims bar date has been issued by the Court or the Trustee. If a claims bar date was issued then a creditor must file a claim by the bar date. Late claims will be paid only if there is money available after all timely claims are paid.

Des.

Leave a comment:

• vegaslaw
    replied
    Thanks for the posts.

Leave a comment:

• Lexie
    replied
    Does the date for a creditor to file a claim hold to the 60 days after the 341 hearing, even if the trustee requested an extension to further review the assets?

Leave a comment:

• jetsfan2010
    replied
    some great info on here!

Leave a comment:

• mycard
    replied
    Hi everyone, Getting ready to file bankruptcy tommorrow. Received a letter in the mail that I had a debt cancellation about 3 months ago and the paper work was sent to the IRS. Have not heard anything from the IRS but if I file chapter 7 would I still owe income on that credit card debt. I used a attorney from Houston in 2007 called Hinsley Law Firm and his service was going to help with the debt but after they ran through $3000 dollars in three years and nothing had been release except the about credit card I stopped the service due to the fact that it could go on and their was no end to it. I mean I looked at one of the bills and they billed $900 dollars for three hours and when I asked about it their was no explanation once they got your money up front there was no refund. Well I hope this turns out good I was a die hard to pay off bills but when the interest went up to 32 percent and no one wanted to work with me I have no choice. Thanks for everyones help and if you could give me some tip it would be greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• NewStart11
    replied
    day 11, reports "awaiting discharge" what does this mean...what do I have to worry about?
    $90,000 CC/and taxes and made $32k last year, and passed the means test, and have -94 left on the forms...

Leave a comment:

• Trudy
    replied
    Good luck! I hope you sail throught it and get to start your life over again without debt crushing your soul!

Leave a comment:

• dontburnthep
    replied
    Originally posted by BKIN2010 View Post
    I could be wrong but I thought the Trustee has 14 days to file a statement with the court as to whether or not you passed or flunked the Means Test and then 30 days from such filing to petition the Court to dismiss your case.
    HOw is this timeline changed, if at all, when the 341 is continued?

1st 341 was 1/24, continued. POA filed 2/2. Second 341 2/28, also continued. Is the 30 days counted from 2/2 or 2/28?

Leave a comment:

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X