Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collection Agencies Information

Hi again. Another question here. I know i read some post here regarding the collection agencies. Im in the middle of listing my creditors. According to my report, some of them had gone to collections but no info about the agency. I received some letters and wrote them down but few of them i dont have anything from the collection. I have all the original creditors but what happen if i dont have information about the collection agency they sold my debt with? Is this gonna cause a major problem later?

You can only provide what information you have. If you list the original creditors and any collection agencies you know about you should be ok. Checking credit reports gives you a pretty good idea. If you get calls after you file and find they weren't listed, you can file an amendment your petition and creditor matrix to add them.
    Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

Thank you for you for the response. I have some collections on my report too but im not sure which creditor it came from. Can i just put that collection info and put unknown on the creditor part? I want to provide as much information i can.

Comment

I would include as much as you can, better to "overshare", doesn't really hurt if the same debt is listed twice.
        Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

As hard as it is you can always call and ask if unsure. They have to tell you, for debt validation purposes.

Comment

I thought about calling too. Some collections has an original creditor that im not familiar with or don't remember but im worried that if i have to fight that it will delay my case so i just included it on my list. Am i being an idiot here 🤔😄

Comment

No, you have nothing to lose by listing everything. No need to fight at this point, just list it and the bankruptcy will take care of it, legitimate debt or not.
              Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

Okay, thats what i thought 😏
                Thank you

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X