Signed the paperwork - filing early next week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signed the paperwork - filing early next week

I just got back from my attorney's office to sign all the paperwork - he will be filing early next week. I will be in a 100% repayment plan and my monthly payment is calculated at $1920. I can swing it with tightening my budget and I am 99% sure I will be getting a promotion with the raise effective in December. I don't know how much of a raise it will be - hoping for 6-10% - but that will provide immediate relief. My attorney has already confirmed that with a 100% repayment plan, any raises, bonuses, etc., are mine to keep. Only exception would be an inheritance or something along those lines, which I am not anticipating.

4 of my creditors were in settlement repayment plans through a debt settlement company but my attorney said they will probably claim the amount at the time of settlement minus any payments since then. I know that sometimes not all creditors file claims so that is obviously the hope. A couple of them are $1-2 k balances. Does anyone see any specific creditors typically not filing claims for a Chapter 13 bankruptcy? I know I have to wait until the deadline but I'm just curious to know if there are any trends.

I'm just grateful to have this almost finalized and filed and then I can just focus on rebuilding and saving.

It is definitely hit and miss when it comes to creditors filing claims, I've talked with a number of folks who've had at least a few of their creditors not file a claim, and others like myself, where every creditor filed a claim for every penny.
    Latent car nut.

Comment

Junk debt buyers are most likely to file.

Your banks and credit unions are pretty likely to file. You'll occasionally get lucky from a financial creditor.

Dentists, utilities, and other non-financial businesses are hit and miss. But you'd be surprised at how little debt it takes for small business creditors to file.

Comment

I don't have any small business creditors that I owe. It's all credit cards and all but 3 are now owned by collection agencies but I'm not sure if they are junk debt buyers - Blitt & Gaines and Midland Credit Management own the majority of them. The ones that are still owned by the banks are Chase and Citi. Chase is closed but 2 Citi cards are still open.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X