top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Most Employers Now Require a Credit Check?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do Most Employers Now Require a Credit Check?

I have been working at a temp job packaging adhesives for the past 2 1/2 years. Unfortunately, my company is closing the local branch and moving out of state. I have one week left and of course have started the process of looking for new employment.

My question is do most employers require a credit check? I'm sure my Chapter 13 will show up for the next few years. I also have a brother who is filing Chapter 7 who applied at a major department store. He says the online application asked if he knew his credit score, and if not he was directed to a link where he'd have to pay for a credit report! Is this now common practice?

Lilly

Employers are more and more checking prospective employees' social media sites.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Oh yeah, almost every job I have ever applied for asked to run my credit. It's definitely become the norm.

Comment

Hi,
        I added a part time jobs (in addition to my regular one) since filing. No one checked checked the credit report. I am going to be doing a volunteer position that required a background check and again no credit report.

Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
        Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Yes, Employers now require a credit check that indicates their employees' working factors.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X