top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to decrease Chapter 13 time frame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• serenity2022
    replied
    shipo I will have paid 35% at the end 35% with no changes.

Leave a comment:

• shipo
    replied
    serenity2022, I have a question which may help us answer your question:
    • What percentage of your outstanding debt will have been paid if you stay in your current plan with no changes?

Leave a comment:

• justbroke
    replied
    It's always possible. If you are not in a 100% plan, however, it will likely mean that you will need to pay 100% of the allowed unsecured creditor claims. Of course, I'm talking about those that are required to be in a plan no less than 60 months (or to pay 100% of the allowed unsecured claims).

The calculation of whether or not a debtor will be in a 100% plan, after a significant increase in income, is too fact-specific. It depends on factors such as the following; how long in the plan has the debtor been? is the amount, from that point forward, sufficient to pay 100% to the creditors early? along with many other competing factors.

For most debtors, decreasing the length of a Chapter 13 is simply not achievable.

Leave a comment:

• Is it possible to decrease Chapter 13 time frame?

If a significant increase in income occurs, is it possible to modify a Chapter 13 plan to a shorter time frame? Or will the payments to the trustee/creditors just be increased and commence with 5 year plan?

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X