"Awaiting closing" before discharge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Awaiting closing" before discharge?

My no-asset CH 7 has been showing "awaiting closing" for awhile (MOC was in May and "report of no distribution" has been indicated). I don't see anything about a discharge.

Since the discharge comes before closing, I am confused about this...

Should I be concerned about this or am I overthinking things again?

I know it can't officially close yet (creditor objection date has not yet passed), but I am confused that it is awaiting closing, rather than awaiting discharge..

Comment

If your 341 Meeting of Creditors was in May, then your discharge will come after 60 days from that May date. So if the 341 was on 5/20/2021, then the discharge will come after 5/19/2021.

There are other tickle dates in the system, but please do not look at anything there (deadlines / due dates). That is solely for the Clerk's office and will confuse even most attorneys.

A case is always awaiting close from the day that it is filed.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Ok, I will try to rest easy. Deadline to creditor objection is fast approaching, so hopefully, it will be discharged and closed shortly after that.

I was just surprised to see "awaiting closing" before "awaiting discharge". I will try not to look on that screen...it is hard not to!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X