Just Got My Discharge Today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Got My Discharge Today!

I cant believe I got my discharge today - Im so relieved. I had to submit a win / loss gambling statement to the trustee after a few questions @ my 341 meeting. I was just waiting for my discharge and it came 1 day after the 60 day deadline. I just tore up all my old credit cards statements. Im planning on going into my bank account and deleting the payment info in my Bank accounts "Bill Pay". Anyone know when I should expect the Final Decree so the Clerk's Office will close the case? I also received 2 applications today for very low limit credit cards. Im going to research and slowly re-build my credit. Such a great way to start the New Year!

I can't believe it either! It is exciting news. Great New Year's gift.

The final (administrative) close of the case can take anywhere from immediately to months. It depends on whether you were a "no asset" case. If you are a no-asset case, then the administrative close of the case should come quickly. If you are an asset case, then it can take some time for the Trustee to administer all the assets, pay creditors, reconcile the books, and file a final report.

Search the forum and look for "shipo's" credit rebuilding thread(s). shipo has some tried and tested ways to rebuild your credit post discharge.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Got my final decree today! This shows that my case is 100% closed. I am completely done with my Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. Good way to kick off the New Year.

Comment

yeahknow, what are your rebuild plans and financial goals from here on in?
        Latent car nut.

Comment

• yeahknow
          yeahknow commented
          Editing a comment
          Have a great job and I plan to SAVE as much as possible. I made the mistake of taking a chunk of money out of my 401K. The BK was just a bump in the road of life. I got approved for an unsecured CC that I will need to rebuild my credit. I can't believe all the extra money I have available. I REALLY realize that the timing of filing is the MOST important thing. I had an amazing attorney that pushed me in the direction to take advantage of using all of my income to qualify me for a Chapter 7.

yeahknow, while you're rebuilding, having a minimum of three credit cards and one installment loan will bump your FICO scores the best; take a look at this thread for more details:
        Latent car nut.

Comment

Congrats!
          I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Congrats! Now go forth and swipe cards no more!

Comment

Originally posted by bornfree2 View Post
              Congrats! Now go forth and swipe cards no more!
              Why would you say something like that? For 90% of the folks in the country, their best course to a good life is to use credit as a tool (not a crutch). FWIW, I finished my Chapter 13 nearly 2 years ago and since then I've "swiped" upwards of $70,000 on my credit cards, and yet I don't owe a dime and I have yet to pay a penny in interest.
              Latent car nut.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X