Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Falling From Grace -- Chapter 33

To my friends and fellow forum members. I have not been generally posting because I have a bunch of things going on (including a move) and one of them is that I've haven't been able to put the following into words. So, here it is;
    I'm in month 60 of 60 of my Chapter 33

No, that does say... chapter thirty-three. More on that later.

Yes, I have told no one, not close friends, relatives, or my family here at BKForum. My original case, in 2008, was filed as a Chapter 13 and later converted (after around 2 years) into a Chapter 7. I was discharged in 2010. I then filed a new Chapter 13 in 2014 to deal with some of the debt that remained after the Chapter 7 (the tax debt). I also dealt with a divorce, the division of my 401(k) in that divorce, a multi-thousand dollar per month alimony payment, a temporary layoff, and a bunch of ups and downs. I didn't want to visit that upon all of you but, since 2014, I was sharing with all of you from my actual "active" experience.

I have a lot to say, but I can tell you this one thing. Filing the second time was a way easier decision than that of filing the first time. I once again filed Pro Se, and will be one of the only people to see a Pro Se 5-Year Chapter 13 to the end in my district. That's not a bragging right, it's just that I'm pretty good, now, at budgeting and can deal with a Chapter 13 despite my large income and expenses.
    So many things I want to say.

So many things I don't want to say.

I will say that I want to put together my thoughts on Chapter 20s, and why I should have stayed I the original Chapter 13. I've been pretty good. My credit scores are all 620-630 (pre-discharge), and I still have student loan debt! My cars were paid off within the first 14 months (that's how much I was paying in) which included a 2012 and 2014 new cars. It has been a journey and I certainly have a new "rant" that I will get to (although it appears that I'm on a rant now).

Thank you all. You didn't know it, but you kept (and keep) me going! I hope and pray that this Chapter 33 (Chapter 13 + Chapter 7 + Chapter 13) will be the last time I enter a bankruptcy court again. I hope to be discharged sometime in June/July.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

I am not an attorney. Any advice provided is not legal advice.

justbroke - thanks for this update..i'm so happy to hear that you are a survivor! I sent you a PM.
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

justbroke Keep on kicking butt! You have helped me IMMENSELY and I take my hat off to you, I'll have shot of Captain Morgan as a Salute right now lol. Don't feel bad about filing multiple times, I like knowing the fact that after the next 4 years I'll be done with my CH13, but in the future if I run into huge medical debt, I'll file again. It's our legal right, yes you shouldn't abuse it, but HELL they abuse US! I was reading a story about a simple stent for a heart cost a man $30,000! It's highway robbery!

GODSPEED JB! Keep Strong & Thank You!

Comment

Hey JustBroke! Well, you do, what *you* gotta do, what's best for you. Even if that means keeping personal thoughts personal. To paraphrase The Godfather... "keep your money close... and your debts closer...". Your comments are all the more reason we need to move to a cheaper place once we are done with this chappy 13. I incurred an excess tax bill for 2019 due to severance from my special buddy, the old company. So, the tax bill is getting paid from the excess severance, since taxes are a priority bill. Anyway, great to hear that you are done. And, thank you so much for your commitment and expertise to this community! Rock On!!

Comment

Thank you for the update. I was wondering where you were and if everything was alright. You have helped many people! Life has many ups and downs, fortunately at this moment you are on the upswing and moving forward!

Comment

Congrats on successfully moving through the process - despite the adversity. Never second guess a decision as everything happens for a reason. One of those reasons is the experience and knowledge that you gained and then imparted onto others.

Best and warmest regards.

Des.

Comment

I look forward to the rant. Best wishes to you on ending your version of a long national nightmare. Thanks as always to sharking what you know about BK and serving as a great guide to the very dark and under-discussed, under-chronicled corner of American life that is BK.
              Filed Ch 13 November 2013, discharged March 2019
              Credit Karma FICO scores 2 months post-discharge:
              718 Trans Union/732 Equifax

Comment

Congrats! You have been a big help to me in my short time here.... glad to hear your end is almost near!!!

Comment

justbroke Congrats on completing your Chap 13, you have provided me and everyone on this forum with great information and thanks for letting us all know we are not alone in our BK journey. I filed a Chap 7 in 2007 so it was much easier to file the Chapter 13 even though it's a high cost monthly plan I'm almost 2 years down with 3 more to go!!! Best of luck to you and keep us all posted on your rebuild as there are many of us that will Gladly use yours as a blueprint!!! Thanks again!

Comment

Just made my last payment on the 16th! Now waiting for NDC to update on Monday or Tuesday showing something other than Active!

So, this is what it's like to wait for the Chapter 13 discharge. My hat's off to you all.
                    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

I am not an attorney. Any advice provided is not legal advice.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X