Filing Ch 13 after a Ch 7 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filing Ch 13 after a Ch 7 questions

I have to wait at least 4 years after the date of the Ch 7 bankruptcy to get file a new Ch 13 and get a discharge in a Ch 13 correct?

I originally had a Ch 13 several years ago and converted in a Ch 7 almost 4 years ago, going to have to file a new Ch 13 upcoming as I just can no longer make it.

I believe that is correct. In order to get a discharge, you must file the Chapter 13 at least 4 years after a Chapter 7 filing. It is measured from filing date to filing date.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Yes, it is my understanding that is correct. I filed 7 4 years and 3 months ago and just field a 13 this month. I felt like a pretty big failure doing this, I’m glad to see others are out there. I hope things go well for you.

Comment

I’m so disappointed in myself for getting myself back into this mess. Have a bad gambling problem. Am going to finance a new car before my bankruptcy as my car I refinanced a few months ago has 165,00 miles and is falling apart.

Going to buy a new car before my credit goes south and file for ch13.

Comment

Originally posted by alaska708 View Post
          I’m so disappointed in myself for getting myself back into this mess. Have a bad gambling problem. Am going to finance a new car before my bankruptcy as my car I refinanced a few months ago has 165,00 miles and is falling apart.

I feel that, we have a lot in common. I tried to message you and I guess I can’t figure out how, but if you need some support please message me! I feel alone in all this sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by alaska708 View Post

alaska708

We can't change the past but we can make a better future. Please also get help/support for the gambling problem if that played a part in both times filing for BK it's time to get the help you need to fight off/keep that addiction at bay. I know it's a lot easier than said, but we have to change our behaviors. I am not into the gambling, but I have other changes to make to stay away from getting into debt again.

Don't beat yourself up, work towards making a positive change. The stigma of BK stinks and I am sure having stigma of gambling and BK stinks more, but put that aside and move forward. Again easier said than done, but when you feel the stinkin thinkin about the situation focus on the future.

You're smart to finance a car while you can! I wish you the best and stop by this board for support.

BKKimOK even without the gambling it's easy to feel alone in BK. For me it's the stigma not to tell anyone because they don't understand or are very negative about it/judging. There is no one in real life who knows about my husband's and I BK except those who have to know about it like the attorney and the people when we bought a car during BK after my car was totaled.
            I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

I’m right there with you. It’s bad enough my payroll department at work has to know, it’s just humiliating. I’m glad we have this forum to come together!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X