top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacer status “awaiting discharge” how much longer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacer status “awaiting discharge” how much longer?

I am in Ohio, checked Pacer it said last document was uploaded May 8th and says awaiting discharge in status. Does anyone have any guesses on how much longer it will be until we get discharged? Thank you

You're in a Chapter 13. A Chapter 13 discharge can take 60-90 days from the date of your last payment. Until the Trustee files a Notice of Plan Completion, you will continue to wait. Once that notice is filed -- again, about 60-90 days from the date of your last payment -- it will be about 3-15 business days before the court issues the discharge. After the Notice of Plan Completion, the Chapter 13 Trustee may take another 30-60 days to file their Final Accounting and other required documentation.

An example, my last plan payment was in mid-May. My notice of plan completion was in mid-August and the discharge was a couple of days before the end of August. My case did not close until December.

With the pandemic, I would think that these dates may be shifting and taking longer.

I would NOT use the information in the PACER (CM/ECF), regarding a "wait" status because they are only tickle dates for the Court/Trustee and may be meaningless and outright wrong. For what it's worth, my case still says Awaiting Discharge for 2,149 days. It also says Awaiting Confirmation for 2,176 days. As such, I would not use that as any indicator as I was discharged in August of 2019.

I understand that the wait is frustrating, but know that it does take some time for this.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Hopefully someone from your state responds. Some states do the discharge/closing at the same time, others separately. With the virus everything is taking longer than normal. Hopefully soon. Congratulations for making it to the end

Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Chap13filer, not that what happens here in New Hampshire happens in Ohio, but my timeline was:
        • 05-Feb-2020 -- Final payment delivered
        • 07-Feb-2020 -- Final payment posted on ndc.org
        • 04-Mar-2020 -- Discharge ordered
        • 12-May-2020 -- (aka. today); still waiting for Closing (my attorney says due to COVID-19, I shouldn't be holding my breath; maybe by mid summer)
        Latent car nut.

Comment

Thank you for responding, we are so close hopefully not too much longer for all of us!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X