verizon wireless question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

verizon wireless question

i have a verizon question. i had a so called friend that i put on my acct. and they ended up screwing me on a device payment so i am stuck with it. my BK lawyer told me to goto another carrier. though i prefer to keep verizon they have treated me awsome. during covid they broke one of my bill's into 6 payments so i could keep up.. kudos to verizon for understanding the times!!! i also get awsome employee discounts though them on service and everything i buy. i am current and paid up on my acct and have paid them on time every month. i really want to get rif of the line that i got screwed on and still keep the service trying to drop my bill down and i can't see why they would want to loose a good paying customer. if i file them in a BK will they shut my service off or will they make me a new acct and or will they want a deposit. thoughts and inputs

I am not an expert this is just my experience with Chapter 13.

I had an outstanding balance with Verizon they put that into the Chapter 13. I still had to pay for the phones that had payments on them. I still had to pay for the current cell phone bills. Nothing really changed. I got some weird email or text when I filed, but called and it did not change anything. I was able to get two new phones since we have been in Chapter 13. One was to replace mine and the other was to add a line for my husband who previously had a prepaid cellphone.

I don't know why the lawyer wants you to change your carrier. If it's Chapter 7 maybe it has something to do those rules?

If you are in a contract for the friend's line I imagine you are stuck with it. Just like I have 3 lines and as long as there are payments on cellphones I am stuck with 3.
    I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Originally posted by Carmella View Post

I had an outstanding balance with Verizon they put that into the Chapter 13. I still had to pay for the phones that had payments on them. I still had to pay for the current cell phone bills. Nothing really changed. I got some weird email or text when I filed, but called and it did not change anything. I was able to get two new phones since we have been in Chapter 13. One was to replace mine and the other was to add a line for my husband who previously had a prepaid cellphone.

I don't know why the lawyer wants you to change your carrier. If it's Chapter 7 maybe it has something to do those rules?

If you are in a contract for the friend's line I imagine you are stuck with it. Just like I have 3 lines and as long as there are payments on cellphones I am stuck with 3.
      i think verizon handles a chapter 7 differently than a 13. with a 13 there still getting there money and with a chapter 7 there getting the shaft. verizon told me if i did put my acct in my chapter 7 i more than likely would be a new customer and would need to pay a deposit so i'll leave that alone. i'm up to dat on that i only have a year on the line anyways then i can cancel it . maybe my lawyer thought i would be including them in my case. i told her i wanted to keep em. then she asked if i was paid up with em i said yes she told me no problem

Comment

got some awsome verizon service yesturday. a rep credited the last 3 months of my smartwatch leaving me owing nothing on it and switched the phone that i owe money that i got screwed on to that line till i can pay it off then she even closed out the other line.. she asked why and i told her why and she told me she hears it all of the time. but anyways kudos to her for that...

Comment

That's great yourfired
          I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

That's great yourfired
            verizon has been awsome during this pandemic not only to me but there customers

Comment

my neighbors just got there chapt 7 discharge and verizon wrote off the device payments and put there devices in upgrade status. they were confused as to why there bill was 200.00 lower than orginally. they called verizons bk dept and asked a lady. she just told em that they do that for all customers in good standing with em... i wonder if a deposit will be needed if they upgrade??? they said they would just enjoy lower bills for a few years the rep also told em they would not be shut off and it would be business as usual !!!
              Last edited by yourfired; 08-20-2021, 06:26 PM.

Comment

i found a new lawyer as that one was forcing me to screw em over by bk'ing em. they been great to me why would i want to screw em??? i know verizon stalks there customers every move. i think they do soft credit checks every 30 days now or one of the banks they do business with informs them of ones BK filing

Comment

Originally posted by yourfired View Post
                  my neighbors just got there chapt 7 discharge and verizon wrote off the device payments and put there devices in upgrade status. they were confused as to why there bill was 200.00 lower than orginally. they called verizons bk dept and asked a lady. she just told em that they do that for all customers in good standing with em... i wonder if a deposit will be needed if they upgrade??? they said they would just enjoy lower bills for a few years the rep also told em they would not be shut off and it would be business as usual !!!
                  They did that for me as well. It's really because it's easier for them rather than deal with any issues with attempting to collect a discharged (dischargeable) debt.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                  Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

• yourfired
                    yourfired commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Even of they weren't included?? Did you upgrade after if so was it painless

yourfired you would include them if you had a past due bill or had an installment account. An installment account is a credit account. I had 0 issues with Verizon after filing.
                  Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                    yourfired you would include them if you had a past due bill or had an installment account. An installment account is a credit account. I had 0 issues with Verizon after filing.
                    i'm not past due with em. i would just list em as an expence

Comment

it's amazing telling creditors that your thinking of filing a BK does. it really gets there butts moving. was able to settle two accts this morning @ 50% off of what was owed on them thanks to covid

Comment

Be careful with a threat of filing bankruptcy. It has backfired on some debtors as it just signals the creditor to "run to the courthouse steps" to get a judgment and then file it as a judgment lien. Of course this may depend on several factors, but threatening bankruptcy is not seen a a good idea, generally.

Comment

• yourfired
                          yourfired commented
                          Editing a comment
                          i guess i will consider myself lucky then!!!

• justbroke
                          justbroke commented
                          Editing a comment
                          If the amounts are low or this is an otherwise unsophisticated creditor, the need to run to the courthouse steps is not always the most prudent. In the end, it's about ability to collect. If you have assets, which a creditor can easily discover through services like LexisNexis, SageStream and others, and whether it is worth the trouble.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X