Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repossession AFTER filing?

Hello.

Filed Chapter 7 in 8/15 with the intent to surrender my vehicle to my local Credit Union. 341 meeting is scheduled for 9/26 Just received a court order to appear on 9/24 due the CU wanting to lift the Automatic Stay to retrieve the car. Lawyer said we can ignore since I’m not interested in keeping the vehicle.

My question is, I’m assuming once I don’t show it’ll be lifted by default and they’ll be able to repossess. I just wanted to know as far as my credit report, will I have a REPOSSESSION listed on there as well as the BANKRUPTCY public record? Not sure how that goes since I filed BK prior to them repossessing.

I can’t answer but I’m also wondering how this works- I have a car I don’t plan on keeping after I file but wonder how long I have to surrender it and find another mode of transportation- Following your post for answers too! Good luck-

Comment

Originally posted by Bkrlysucks View Post
      I can’t answer but I’m also wondering how this works- I have a car I don’t plan on keeping after I file but wonder how long I have to surrender it and find another mode of transportation- Following your post for answers too! Good luck-
      Thanks. Hopefully someone will chime in soon.. good luck to you as well.

Comment

Don't take long showers or park your car outside. The re PO man will be there asap. Surrender it. Walk and take public transportation.
        good luck

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X