Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnymouth
    replied
    Glad to hear your not getting sued over the water incident in the apartment...... guess its back to mom's house, huh!
    Glad to hear you found a job also.... maybe things will start to look up and change around in your life for you.....
    Best hang onto your little car for the time being unless the payments are dragging you down.....
    Buy here, pay here places may ask you to surrender a different car if you file bankruptcy..... right after buying a car from them....

Leave a comment:

• queerguy
    replied
    good news the landlord is not going to sue me, although because of what happened he said I am being evicted shortly. Said the insurance company that paid for the damages insisted. Also I won't be getting my deposit back. Also I might be getting a job at A&W Rootbeer. I will be working the grill. My life is getting better. Boy wish I could get a cash advance, but I know I am going to file someday, so I won't. Thinking about dumping the Pinto, and buying from one of those pay as you go places, figure if I can't make a payment and drive the car for three months I can give it back during bk.
    Last edited by queerguy; 04-11-2006, 06:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 13inOR
    replied
    Thanks, Minny! : )

Leave a comment:

• Minnymouth
    replied
    Hope you "get the message" regarding content of your postings.

As to the lawsuits, if you file bankruptcy and have lawsuits pending with settlements to you, then the trustee will be standing there with open arms to collect for your creditors. Anything you inherit, win, etc is an asset for you to give the creditors...

All though some injury settlements are not considered assets (only your attorney can tell you which ones) and the trustee can't touch them...

If you get a judgement against you regarding water damages to the apartment before you file bankruptcy, then you will have to get this settled separately from your bankruptcy. The debt can be erased in BK but the judgment will not. They are handled differently.

Minny

Leave a comment:

• queerguy
    replied
    Originally posted by 13inOR
    I think this post has very inappropriate content.
    Sorry, guess thats freedom of expression, my apologies, please accept.
    Don't want to step on my foot since I just joined.

(And we don't want to ban you either)
    Minny!!!!
    Last edited by Minnymouth; 03-30-2006, 12:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 13inOR
    replied
    I think this post has very inappropriate content.

(Taken care of for you and everyone else,)

Minny
    Last edited by Minnymouth; 03-30-2006, 12:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• queerguy
    started a topic Broke, unemployed, desperate

Broke, unemployed, desperate

Hello , I have a question. I have been in serious debt for about 2 1/2 years now and at the present time I am unemployed. I had a stretch of bad luck, I had 3 accidents in the last year, the last which caused me to loose my my job at the adult bookstore I do not have any property except for a 1971 ford Pinto and it has about 180,000 miles on it I now have 2 lawsuits due to those acidents, If I was to file for chapter 7 would they try to take my settlement money when ever I receive it?
    Also I went to the grocery store and while there ran into an old friend. The next afternoon when I got home I realized I forgot I left the bath tub filling up with water, I live on the third floor of an apt bldg, and the water went through the apt below me, then flooded the garden level apt. Niether person was home below me. I think there might be $40,000 of damage according to the landlord. If so is there any way that I could get around collecting the lawsuits, but bk any judgement for the apt? Also how much time would have to pass so they wouldn,t take my settlement award?

thanks Paul
    from "Missouri, the show me state"

hey what happened to bk filer, liked his posts
    Last edited by Minnymouth; 03-30-2006, 12:30 PM.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X