upsolve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upsolve

Hi all, I've seen a few references to upsolve here but not a whole lot of discussion. I am wondering if it's a legitimate service? the wage garnishments are starting to outrun our savings for an attorney. we haves simple no assets case. renters, two paid off beater cars , old furniture etc. any info is appreciated.

I can say that I don't know and this is the first that I have learned of this service.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I used Upsolve in Michigan, and it was quite helpful to me. Perfect for renters, no assets. The software walks you through process, kind of like TurboTax. You cant have much disposable income. Got message they cant help you, so I found enough legit expenses to show even I and J forms. Filed Pro Se, cost $325 which I pay in payments. Discharged in 60 days after 341 meeting, no attorney fees. Upsolve has a lot of info to read before you start. Filed 10/07/2019, 341 meeting 11/15, and discharged 01/15/2020.

Comment

Originally posted by OnThePath View Post
        I used Upsolve in Michigan, and it was quite helpful to me. Perfect for renters, no assets. The software walks you through process, kind of like TurboTax. You cant have much disposable income. Got message they cant help you, so I found enough legit expenses to show even I and J forms. Filed Pro Se, cost $325 which I pay in payments. Discharged in 60 days after 341 meeting, no attorney fees. Upsolve has a lot of info to read before you start. Filed 10/07/2019, 341 meeting 11/15, and discharged 01/15/2020.
        Dang, that is tempting...

Comment

I've asked around too, no one seems familiar with it, but after looking online, seems pretty legit. I was skeptical at first before I started. I'm almost done completing the online forms. Some ppl on Reddit discussed great experiences with them (Look under Bankruptcy). They also have a FB page & Upsolve Users page. Its kinda fairly new, The guy who started it 4 yrs ago is a Harvard grad, heres article about him & Upsolve - https://harvardmagazine.com/2019/09/debt-reliever . He's invited to be a TED Talk speaker in a few months also. Haven't heard any serious negativity about them yet...
          I'm thinking they have pro-bono lawyers/paralegals that look over your completed online questionnaire & contact you if any problems at the end. Then they send you the PDF version of BK forms w/all your info there, you print out & bring to file at the BK court. It is almost like TurboTax program. Catch is they only take simple Ch7 cases( I also have a straightforward case, no assets/property) and you dont have a Lawyer that you can easily ask questions on a certain area you are stuck on, which is why I'm here lol. I think you can try emailing them, but take a while to reply due to high volume. They also inform you if you qualify to get your BK filing fee waived, depending on income.
          They pretty much 'walk' you thru the process, filing, 2 finanical courses, 341meeting...Crossing my fingers, mine goes smoothly...

Comment

Btw, I also spoke to at least 2 lawyers before this to get opinion of my case and get estimates of their service. Free consultations. I didnt mention Upsolve. I simply made a list of the major questions I had and took advice from them before filing, like stop paying credit cards or not do anything silly like purchasing a $5k bag lol. Realizing I can't afford them, Upsolve is my last resort & seems easiest to file with so far. Hope that gives you more insight!

Comment

Someone said there is a whole thread on reddit with up solve experiences. I almost used up solve but then I got too scared and hired an attorney, only because I found one that did my case for $500. But now that I know a lot about the whole process, I would say you could definitely use up solve if you have a simple situation.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X