GEORGIA - Rentals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GEORGIA - Rentals

For anyone in GA...Are you finding many BK sympathetic landlords? Unemployment is pretty high here. Are they all doing credit and background checks or are they desperate to rent? We're looking for a small farm, not an apartment.

The tenant pool is horrible. You should not have a problem finding a good rental.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I'm west of Atlanta and of the 8 options I considered only one said my BK would be an issue, but even that was not an outright denial. I looked all over too from houses to apartments. I have to tell ya if your looking for apartments there are some great 4 bedroom options in the Kennesaw area. They are DESPERATE to rent them out. They pretty much went, "so you have a stable job, yes? so you want the keys now?"

I move to my new rental house later this month, at near 600 a month cheaper then my old mortgage and no hoa fees. O and the hoa does not let the pool turn green in this new place
      3/2/09- Filed: chapter 7 / No asset
      4/1/09- 341 Hearing: 1 creditor showed up Got to love family feuds
      4/2/09- Trustee Report of No Distribution Filed
      6/24/09- Discharged and case closed

Comment

No, we don't want an apt. Need some storage space for tools, etc. and want to keep the animals, so we're looking for a small "farm" or house with some fenced land. Nothing fancy.

Comment

Yea everyone I talked to was more concerned with the income and how long and what kind of job you had.

I kept the rent to under 30% net pay and they were more then happy to offer some great deals. Some even offered half deposit or a free 1/2 to full month off.

I found my newest residence while driving to another place I found on Craigslist. Wanted that 1st house but it got rented before I could get a app in. This house that we drove by on the way was the exact same style and worked him down to $70 less then that 1st house rented out for.

In short be upfront with your BK so when they pull your credit they know to expect it. However I have credit watch and most of them after hearing about the BK seems they never even botherd to pull a CR. I assume they just did a criminal check.
          3/2/09- Filed: chapter 7 / No asset
          4/1/09- 341 Hearing: 1 creditor showed up Got to love family feuds
          4/2/09- Trustee Report of No Distribution Filed
          6/24/09- Discharged and case closed

Comment

will we have a harder time because he is self-employed and my two little jobs pay so low? I know there is an overage of homes for sale. I was hoping someone with some land would get desperate after not selling and decide to rent. But there are pitfalls to the renting situation...

Comment

Inthestorm,

One way you could do is to place an ad on Craig's List that you are looking for a place to rent in the GA area. Just be careful about strangers contacting you about their places for rentals through CL and always have someone be with you when checking out places for rental. Good luck!
              Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
              Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X