Is my tax refund exempt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is my tax refund exempt?

Ok....I overlooked schedule B #21 and did not add my refund to the schedule. The trustee stated at the 341 meeting I needed to pay some of it back, as my case is a no asset case and I thought the refund would be exempt as well. Why wouldn't the refund be exempt? According to the "means" test, I qualifiy. The trustee continued the case for another month to see what I could do. I filed pro se and do not have a lawyer to ask. Please help! Thanks in advance.

Ahh, Wyoming, land of the skimpy exemptions. Sorry, renefaye, but in Wyoming your tax refund is up for grabs. There are no exemptions to cover it. When did you file your petition for bk?
    Also, if he wants part of your refund, he's just turned you from a no-asset case into an asset case.
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

You posted this question in three different threads. This is going to make it difficult to respond. I am answering them all in the 341 Meeting Continued thread.

(The third thread is
      Amend schedule b)
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X