The Secret Stash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Secret Stash

Last yr after filing bk i heeded the advice of "HUB" and put $100.00 in a place like purse or wallet and to forget about it and have it for an emergency.

Well i cleaned out my purse yesterdy and found the $100. stashed in a zippered compartment i never go into.
    Surprise surprise i had totally forgotten about it.

AND i did have an emergency that i could have used it for....like a grocery shopping trip and i had forgotten my checkbook. The store put the whole cart into their cooler and i had to run home (20 minute trip each way) and go back and get the groceries.
    Everything was nicely pre-chilled though.

OK...how am i going to forget about it a second time.
    filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
    "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

I did the same stash AND did the same putting as much in savings and AC and ACH said... THANK (whomever you believe in here) that we followed their advice as THREE days after our discharge, my son was in a life altering accident.

So, Miss Pilot, I haven't left my checkbook or debit card YET. I am sure it is just a matter of time though. :giggle:
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Pardon me---ValleYum---AC?---and ACH---automatic clearinghouse?

Comment

i believe the letters are referring to our wise fairy-mod-mother and her dh, AngelinaCat and her Hub

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by feelingnutsy View Post
          Pardon me---ValleYum---AC?---and ACH---automatic clearinghouse?
          keepsmiling was right! AngelinaCat and AngelinaCatHub!!

Originally posted by keepsmiling View Post
          i believe the letters are referring to our wise fairy-mod-mother and her dh, AngelinaCat and her Hub
          http://www.bkforum.com/images/smilies/angel.gif
          Yay! You got my abbreviations!!

Oh and your above link would be a picture if you used image tags instead.

Example of placement of image tags: [img]YOUR*LINK*GOES*HERE[/img]

See?
          ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~

Comment

Thank you all for the credit for that tip. It has indeed saved me from some embarrassing moments. You can afford to forget a hundred dollars but don't use it unless it truly is an emergency. Car breaks down, wrecker costs, CC is declined, etc.

Another tip for ANY emergency. Stockpile storeable foods. Dinty Moore canned stew is good. There are many micro heated non refrigerated items now in stores. Even milk with long shelf life and no refer needed till opened. This idea is not new, but worse case condition is storms, loss of jobs (I think we all know about this) power outage, etc.

Google 'hurricane preparedness', and they have a pretty good list for that type of emergency, but make it a six month supply if you can. Every week, buy one extra canned meal. Oh, and don't forget to get a can opener stashed with the food. It will save your teeth.

It is good insurance and if you rotate this from time to time, you will always have that INSURANCE. Best case is nothing happens. Still keep the stash up. So far, so good, is a gamble. You can always eat the food at yesterday's prices. Remember, it was not raining when Noah built the Ark. 'Hub
            Last edited by AngelinaCat; 08-04-2011, 05:20 AM. Reason: spelling corrections
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

love it LOL keepsmiling .....fairy mod mother.....STILL laughin

Comment

[img]http://www.bkforum.com/images/smilies/angel.gif[img]

rats, it only works if i click on the pic from the edit page? is it my browser? is it me?
                here I was feeling so clever for that pun
                back to feeling dumb

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Hi Keepsmiling: That pun is going to a friend of mine that collects those sorts of things! Thanks for the compliment!
                  "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thank YOU, AC!
                    <3 <3 <3

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Hi AC....ahhh i get it....when you send out the hamster dance...
                      you are secretly wavin your fairy-mod-mother magic wand to make it "all better"

Comment

keepsmilin'-

At the END of your link you must put: [/img]

There has to be the slashmark in there to tell it to end the image.

Oh and "Fairy-mod-mother" = LOLOL Love it!

Bippity Boppity Boo!
                        Last edited by ValleYum; 08-04-2011, 12:25 PM. Reason: Spelled Bippity wrong!

Comment

OK...how am i going to forget about it a second time.[/QUOTE]

LOL........put in in another purse and ya can get surprised when ya get into that one some day!!!!

I keep a change jug..........be surprised how much gets saved when ya don't spend any change. Have taken it to savings twice in last six mos..........both times over 250.00! That's my "secret stash".
                          Filed CH 7 4/15/11
                          341 5/23/11
                          DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

Originally posted by sunshinepa View Post
                            OK...how am i going to forget about it a second time.
                            LOL........put in in another purse and ya can get surprised when ya get into that one some day!!!!

I keep a change jug..........be surprised how much gets saved when ya don't spend any change. Have taken it to savings twice in last six mos..........both times over 250.00! That's my "secret stash". [/QUOTE]

That works too. Just a bit inconvenient in your wallet, no? 'Hub
                            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

What do you mean Hub......you haven't seen those "wallet on wheels" yet....ROFL

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X