top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

foreclosure timeline - can anyone explain what is going on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

foreclosure timeline - can anyone explain what is going on?

Hello -
    Last condo payment 9/2008.
    Filed BK in April 2009 - condo included in BK.
    Discharged in August 2009.
    About a year ago and ongoing for a few months rec'd calls from some company working for Chase - to call about periodic payments in lieu of foreclosure. I never answered or responded. Have rec'd info from county regarding taxes - a year ago saying that if I did not pay I could be included in a tax lien sale. This year I rec'd info from the county saying if I don't pay they could foreclose in November of 2013.
    Is Chase not interested in foreclosing on this property.
    Yes, I have lived here rent free; however, I've maintained the condo dues and have done some maintenance - plumbing issues - had a flood from the unit upstairs and repaired on my insurance.
    I keep hearing about people being offered money not to foreclosure.
    Naturally, I'm just wondering what is going on.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.

chase hasn't done a thing for over 4.5 years on our property. however, we vacated.

our best guess is that they do not have the proper docs to foreclose as the property is in a judicial state and the process must go via the court system.

we recently have been contacted by a company rep'ing the OCC encouraging us to file a claim against chase since after conducting an independent foreclosure review our mortgage was found to be in that "gray" area. we are awaiting the documents. you may be in the same position.

i would contact the OCC directly if i were you, and see what is going on with chase.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Tobee, what is the OCC? Forget trying to Google it. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics? Orange County Choppers?

Comment

Office of the Comptroller of Currency. http://occ.gov/

Or, it could be Orange County Choppers. Put a bike gang on them! Maybe they'll just release the lien.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thanks for the info. It's helpful to know I'm not the only one Chase hasn't moved on in 4 plus years.
          This has been a very, very confusing time but I just don't understand how my mortgage could be in that "gray" area if I gave the condo up in the B.

I wanted some time when this all happened in '09 but I'm getting concerned that I won't get out of here. Also, I'm afraid something else major is gonna happen. I'm still paying monthly condo dues.

Another thing, I thought I was told that to include the condo in the Bankruptcy would only mean one ding against me. And, if so, it's been 3 years since my dischcarge then I could maybe apply for another mortgage. OR, do I get another ding when they finally take the property.

I will contact the OCC.

Thanks again.

Comment

I kind of agree with tobee43. I am in Oregon traditionally a non-judicail state. BankOfA forged a Assignment of Trsut Deed trying to foreclose on but rescinded the NOD after I sued them. After the new foreclosure laws was passed in Oregon (SB1552), the requires banks to come to a meeting proving chain of title, they cancelled all non-judicial foreclouses and started foreclosing judicially. I am still waiting for my lawsuit. I have not paid in 37 months, paid an attorney while in litigation. I know my loan is not owned by anybody, bought by an distressed debt buyer (Cavary Invetsment), serviced by BankOfA. BankOfA admits they do not own the loan just the servicer. Intent to fight to the end.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X