On the ledge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the ledge!

Tomorrow is lien strip hearing. I am so not comfortable with everything! Just queasy! So worst case scenario question: what is the payment gets jacked up to something I cant tolerate, either tomorrow or ? I assume i can convert to a 7 and that would take care of unsecured but what can the second do? I dont have any $ to catch up but would they work with me or foreclose on me? I just need to
    Know as much as I can about the angles. I know I am ranting loonie bin tonight! I just fearful .
    Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Why are you going to the lien strip hearing?
    Is there a complication of some kind?
    Why are you having doubts?
    Are you going to the lien strip hearing or are you going to the 341? There should be no payment in question about the lien strip.
    11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Let me summarize the vast overwhelming 99-percentile of lien strip hearings; the line strip is granted. You would already know if the creditor was challenging the lien strip. if your attorney says that everything is good, then everything is good. Lien stripping is pretty cut and dry unless it goes to an evidentiary hearing where the creditor is challenging your valuation. other than a valuation issue, there is pretty much nothing a creditor can do.

You should not be on a ledge. Your attorney should have explained everything to you and your payment should probably had already been based on the lien strip being in place.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you, here is the scoop: I went to 341 months ago and then I thought I was confirmed. Then the lawyer goes to lien strip but he forgot something so it was denied and rescheduled. All the while I am making my payment. The new lien strip is tomorrow and what makes me nervous is that TODAY the law office emails and saysvtheybwant to take my 2012 taxes to he trustee tomorrow! I have a refund which she will get and I owe as well. Fun stuff . I just thought it was weird that he is asking for it today! I havent seen much paperwork from trustee. I thought I would get something after confirmation and now I am confused as to when that really is!!!

Comment

Open your hand and hold it behind your attorney about waste high. Swing your hand upward swiftly and WACK!!! your attorney on the back of his head. SHeeesssse! There is not much paperwork to this, so what the heck did he/she leave out?

I would think the court may loose patience with him if something is missing this go around, so I would bet all is OK.

You knew the taxes were going to the trustee anyway, so this is simply a convenience on their part. You won't get away from that fact for a while now.
          11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Originally posted by spidge View Post
            . SHeeesssse! There is not much paperwork to this, so what the heck did he/she leave out?
            Most likely the attny failed to properly serve the lender and was instructed to fix it.

If the lender has not filed a response to the motion/complaint there should be no problem. I presume you would know if a response was filed.

Des.

Comment

Originally posted by despritfreya View Post
              Most likely the attny failed to properly serve the lender and was instructed to fix it.
              That's exactly what happened if my memory serves me.
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Yes i think you are right! Still no word what happened today, will keep u posted.

Comment

It was successfull and I am so relieved. First court date was Dec, then Feb and then Today! So I didnt expect much! But the email said all went well and payment not to change and will start making payments directly to trustee office now! At least no more court dates! Yay! I freak out for nothing! :-/

Comment

Yeah! I haven't posted here, but I've been paying attention. I'm so happy for you!! Margarita time for sure!!!

Comment

Thank you! I never thought i would be happy to be Officially in a BK. But once you are in for a penny there is no turning back! Hopefully it wont be too bumpy.

Comment

PS: I stopped and had two on the rocks last night! I was a nervous wreck. :-) Great minds....

Comment

Congratulations on the lien-strip. I suppose that I need to keep up on these threads. I didn't know that the attorney previously dropped the ball. It happens. I'm glad that the attorney was able to correct the issue and have the Motion granted.
                          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you! Yeah he needed a whack, but he came thru! Thank goodness, the strip was my main reason for 13. Finacially it will really make a diff later! Yay!

Comment

Glad to hear all went well for you. Keep in mind that the lien strip is not complete until your Bk13 discharge.

No pressure.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X