Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 years after chapter 7 discharge

Morning everyone

Next month will mark 5 years since my chapter 7 discharge. I'm half way thru it. Can't wait for it to fall off the record in 5 years and 1 month.

Right now I have quite a few (8) credit cards in hand with the highest limit is $10,000 and lowest is $1,500, along with an FHA mortgage closed in May 2013. You'll probably jump in and wonder if I haven't learned my lesson. In fact, I was always responsible for my spending and finances. It's the other ex-spouse that ruined my credit.

BK is definitely NOT an end to my credit. In fact, it opens a new chapter in my credit and my life. So don't get discouraged by anyone, especially the banks and creditors, saying that BK is ending your credit. BK WILL definitely ruin your credit but it's not an end, and if you're using it responsibly after rebuilding it, you'll enjoy it again. BK will only stay on your credit file for 10 years top.

My simple tips: always use no more than half, ideally 30%, of your credit, and if possible, pay off your balances each month.
    Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X