Auto loan question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto loan question

Hello all. It's been a long while since I posted. Will be discharged for one year as of Jan. 25. I've been able to get almost $4,000 in new credit (love that Capital One!) and still get more offers everday.

So now I'm just trying to clean up my credit report. The only inaccurate information is from my car loan for my Mazda CX-7. The finance company never sent a re-affirmation letter to my attorney (although they claim they did). So the loan is an adverse account and shows as discharged in bk, even though I've been making payments all along for over two years.

I have submitted disputes with the bureaus but they never change the information. I just called the finance co. and they state the account shows it's in bankruptcy.

I'm just wondering, is this something that can ever be resolved or am I wasting my time? I didn't want to give up the car but I think Capital One would be happy to give me the 30K loan they're always pushing and I might even be able to trade it in.

Any insight would be helpful.
    Filed Chapter 7 Oct. 2010
    Discharged Jan. 21, 2011

It behooves your to get clarification in writing from the lien holder. Is the lien holder processing your payments to your loan balance? If you pay off the vehicle you need to ensure you receive the title. Do your due diligence to ensure you're not wasting your money to only get caught up in time consuming and costly bureaucracies of bankruptcy.
    The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Originally posted by rkg2004 View Post
      So now I'm just trying to clean up my credit report. The only inaccurate information is from my car loan for my Mazda CX-7. The finance company never sent a re-affirmation letter to my attorney (....)

I have submitted disputes with the bureaus but they never change the information. I just called the finance co. and they state the account shows it's in bankruptcy.
      I hate to say it - but based on what you wrote, they are reporting ACCURATELY. Unless you actually reaffirmed the loan (and that is something else than keep on making payments), the auto-loan IS in bankruptcy.
      Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
      FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
      FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X