top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you re-fi if discharged but not closed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you re-fi if discharged but not closed?

I am chapter 7 discharged 10-10. We still awaiting closing. We have applied for FHA refinance on our home (ride through) to reduce our monthly payments. Any thoughts? We have gone through underwriting and the disclosure papers are on the way. We have to have an appraisal and pay out of pocket for it. I just don't want to find out we have issues after we shell out the appraisal costs.

Lynne

Not sure...I don't think the issue is specifically with FHA, but it would be with the lender funding the loan. FHA sets minimum standards, but banks can have other standards or higher standards than FHA.

So long as the home was abandoned by the trustee, I don't see why you couldn't get a refi, but it may take some additional explanation to get the loan over the last hurdle (e.g. why is the case still open, is there anything left you need to do, etc).

Comment

We are done with everything and the property was abandoned. It seems via Pacer the trustee is waiting to get paid. There is no final report or closing as of yet. How does that affect the estate in general or doesn't it?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X