Removing negative items from credit report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing negative items from credit report

Hello everyone, haven't been to the forums for a while, a lot of time has passed by!

My family got free identity theft protection services because of a data breach in one of the companies we were customers of. So after checking my wife' and my own credit reports, I noticed a lot of difference.

I have about 4 delinquent accounts that were included in BK that my wife doesn't have on her credit report. Her credit score is 50+ points higher than mine. Some of the missed payments reported on those accounts were reported after we filed for bankruptcy which violates the automatic stay and should be pretty easily removed with a dispute to the credit agencies but I wanted to know if it's possible to make it somehow so the credit agencies remove the whole account? The reason I want to do that is because I have one or two missed payments before discharge that I do not believe we were late on.

We are not trying to get any credit or anything, pretty happy being without debts, but still wanted to remove whatever records should not be on my report.

I tried to find info on how to do this or maybe a sample letter to send to the credit agencies when it has to do with the violation of the automatic stay but didn't find anything. If it has been discussed somewhere and I missed it, can you please point me in the right direction?

Thank you everyone in advance!
    Filed CH7 on Aug-06-2009 -- DONE!
    341 meeting on Oct-01-2009 -- DONE!
    Discharged on Nov-12-2009 -- DONE!
    Case Closed on Jun-15-2010 -- DONE!

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X