Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ValleYum
    replied
    R9 = charge off on a revolving credit account (like a credit card). This will stay on your credit report for 7 years.

R1, R2, R9 and Other Terms in Your Credit Report

After ordering your credit report, you may find several credit terms that require an explanation. Here is a glossary in order to have a better understanding of your credit bureau:
    Credit Rating:

R1: This is a revolving credit that always been paid on time.

R2: A revolving credit with a 30 days late payment.

R3: A revolving credit with a 60 days late payment.

R4: A revolving credit with a 90 days late payment. You may also find credit accounts gone to collection agencies showing R4 rating. At that stage, chances are that the company sold your account to a collection agency below its actual value (what you owe).

R5,R6,R7,R8: It is an aggravation of a R4. We rarely see them on the credit report. It usually jumps from R4 to R9.

R9: This is the worst credit rate an individual can have. This means that the account has been written off or closed by the grantor. However, the outstanding amount is still showing on the credit bureau.

It is important to note that the outstanding amount doesn’t matter. It is as bad to be late on a $20 dollar phone bill than a $200,000 mortgage.

Other Terms:
    I / R: Each credit account will show the mention “I” or “R” along with a number. This is to determine if it’s a revolving account or if it’s paid by installments. Revolving accounts are such as credit cards and lines of credit (pre-authorized limit) and installments are made on regular mortgages and personal loans.

I / J: Each credit account will also mention if they are Individual or Joint.

Beacon Score, Empirica Score and Fico Score: These numbers represent a global appreciation of your credit behaviour.

Hope this helps you!!

Leave a comment:

• JackBondLove
    replied
    Originally posted by copper2 View Post
    I have 18 years of good credit, am 27K in and have suffered an R9, so credit is already damaged.
    What is an R9?

Leave a comment:

• kymgirly
    replied
    I work for a property management company and we use the same credit scoring system for everyone. We don't automatically reject those with bad credit or bankruptcy just depends on what the recommendation says.

Leave a comment:

• queenfluff
    replied
    Awesome! Thanks for the stories guys! I feel less worried now (and not as limited).

Leave a comment:

• treehuggie
    replied
    So relieved. I recently accepted a job offer across the state, which meant moving and looking for an apartment. I had a back up plan to stay with a friend if I couldn't get an apartment. My BK is less than a year discharged. Well, I got approved for an apartment through an apartment complex AND I didn't have to pay extra security deposit. Yeah! Moving in on 11/13.

Leave a comment:

• Amy26
    replied
    I wouldn't worry too much about getting approved at rentals... if you're going the landlord route via a realtor or the paper etc, I'm sure you might find the odd "no" but as everyone else said just be honest and you'll probably get in with a bigger deposit. On the other hand, with apartment complexes... they are being much more lienient these days.

I have been in an apartment that we got just before I filed in 09 and we're now moving in 2 months to get a lower rent payment... we found a new property that is being built right now and we were approved no questions asked and no deposit etc... they said bankruptcy is not an automatic denial and its even in their documentation.

So, we move on 12/29.

Leave a comment:

• queenfluff
    replied
    Thanks for this thread! I am a little over one year discharged. I am worried about this too. My last rental was before my BK and I had excellent credit before (never not paid, late) that I never got turned down for an apartment. Now I am not renting so I don't have to worry about it. But witht the economy the way it is, I keep getting send jobs that are out of state - I have no money and can't really afford to move (not to mention I really don't want too) but would if I did consider a out of state job and moved - would I even able to rent any place?

It sounds like it is best to wait a few years before attempting new rentals etc? I know lots of people have crappy credit right now so who even knows how much of an issue it is.

Question: Does it look better to have a BK more in the past for applying for a rental? Or how about the amount you BK'd? Do they look at that? Mine was a relatively small no asset case - Bk'd because of the economy and not being to find a job in time before I ran out of money to pay my cc bills.

Leave a comment:

• eastbaybk
    replied
    The first two years after a bankruptcy are undoubtedly a challenge. Long term (and even short term by the sound of the increase in your FICO score) a bankruptcy can truly be an investment financially in your future. Best wishes pris72 as you embark on a new financial chapter.

Leave a comment:

• pris72
    replied
    I hope we are able to get approved somewhere else whether we stay in this state, or move. Our FICO score through equifax has shot up 60 points since our discharge in mid. June. I checked my score through them, since they seem to always show the lowest of the 3 with trans union normally showing a higher score.I would love to buy a home, but I know that is atleast 2 yrs off from everything I have been told.It just stinks that we had to file chapter 7 to begin with, but being laid off from work for 11 months-sacrifices had to be made. Those sacrifices caused our credit to tank.

Leave a comment:

• eastbaybk
    replied
    Sounds like you should have had a fair shot at that apartment pris72. With the many of people declaring bankruptcies (approximately now 1 million a year) it is common for landlords to see more and more people with a BK on their record and so being denied constantly for an apartment should not be the norm. Don't give up. Seems to be you're doing everything you possibly can to influence the result and so you'll just have to keep trying.

Leave a comment:

• pris72
    replied
    I have no evictions on my credit, excellent references, time on job, and income was over 4X the amount of rent. Oh clean criminal history also incase they did do a background check. She said they only looked for evictions or owed utilities. We were up front about the other things that were on there at the time, which eventually led us to file chapter 7.She said they did not look at those things. Now I worry once again, because my husband is looking at a company out of state. I worry with the Chapter 7 on our credit that nobody will approve us if we have to move.

Leave a comment:

• kclovis
    replied
    I was approved to rent at a decent complex owned by Lincoln Properties. BK discharged 1/7/2010. Signed my lease 7/20/2010. One month's rent and one month's deposit.

Leave a comment:

• eastbaybk
    replied
    Sorry to hear that they turn you down. Most apartments want "good credit" because they want to ensure you don't default on rent and have to then deal with a possible eviction. Did they check references for you? It sounds like there must have been something else that they relied on in making their decision (i.e. references, income, eviction, etc.).

Leave a comment:

• pris72
    replied
    I am worried as well about getting approved to rent. I can't quite understand why most apartments want really good credit? Wouldn't most families with good credit buy vs. rent? My Chapter 7 was discharged on 6/14/10. My lease where I live is up in Nov. I do not want to renew it, because I want to move to a better area that has better schools and less traffic.As long as they do not require a huge deposit, I have no issues with paying one.Prior to our chapter 7 filing before we rented this place we applied for an apt. We were upfront about our credit problems. They told us they only looked at rental history(which has always been good), and to see if we owed any utility bills, which we don't. If we did we wouldn't have lights,water,gas,phone and cable. We have always lived in the same area using the same utility companies. Well they turned us down. They didn't offer to allow us to pay a larger deposit. No explanation as to why we were turned down either. Normally you get a letter explaining why they came to that decision, but nothing. We were only out $50 for the application fee, but it took them over a month to credit us back the $150 holding fee.

Leave a comment:

• eastbaybk
    replied
    If you read the responses you'll see that the pattern is to 1) be honest, 2) be creative and offer a higher down payment and/or a couple months of rent paid in advance. If, after disclosing you situation, you get flack about it from your possible landlord then that's a pretty big sign that you are likely to have problems with them even if they rent to you so I say run the other way - you don't want to rent from folks that aren't understanding.

Leave a comment:

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X