Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSBC CREDIT CARD - Post your starting limits here

Hey,

For those of you who were approved with HSBC, can you tell me what your opening credit limit was? I'm trying to get an idea of an average general opening limit they offer.

Thanks!

HSBC Platinum

1 year out of BK, $750 limit, no annual fee, 15.99% interest on purchases.

My first was 6 months out: Credit One Bank, $600 credit limit, $69 annual fee ($5.75 monthly)& 18.90% interest on purchases.

Was turned down by this month by Barclay Bank for Barnes & Noble credit card, stated reason: too soon out of BK. My credit scores are running low to mid 600's and I am still trying to clean up some errors.
    August '05 Business failed.
    Spring '06 Found this site, thank heavens
    Chap 7 (no asset) filed 11/10/06; 341:1/31/07
    disharged 2/26; closed 4/17/07

Comment

Depends what kind of HSBC card you're applying for? HSBC is the "big daddy", who has several punks - Orchard, Household, and a few others. I'm sure you heard of Orchard and Household - typically starting out with low limits and annual fees.
      But - if you treat these punks good, the big daddy will reward you and offer himself to you with a much higher limit. My big daddy card started me out with a $2500 limit, and after 6 or 9 months increased it to $4500.

Comment

Originally posted by magyar123 View Post
        Depends what kind of HSBC card you're applying for? HSBC is the "big daddy", who has several punks - Orchard, Household, and a few others. I'm sure you heard of Orchard and Household - typically starting out with low limits and annual fees.
        But - if you treat these punks good, the big daddy will reward you and offer himself to you with a much higher limit. My big daddy card started me out with a $2500 limit, and after 6 or 9 months increased it to $4500.
        I was approved for an HSBC Credit Card.. I'm not sure the details of it - although I know it's not a secured card, but now I can't find any info for that specific card on the HSBC site. This is what it looks like:

I initially applied for the HSBC Platinum Mastercard and they said I didn't qualify for that one, but I did qualify for the "HSBC Credit Card" (which they show in the picture above). They charged a $19 fee to my bank account and I'll get my card in 10 days.

So I just wanted to get an idea of what the typical opening limits are for those of you who have them.

Comment

did you do the pre-qualifying app first? I haven't tried with HSBC proper, although I got an Orchard card with a $500 starting limit and $39 ann fee, 14.9%...2 days after discharge. Then I got a HSBC Best Buy MC with a $450 limit, $79 ann fee(which I'll be asking to be lowered when I activate it) and 18.99%.
          Filed 12/20/07 [X] 341 meeting 1/15/08 [X] Trustee Declines to Dismiss 2/25/08 [X] DISCHARGED AND CLOSED 03/19/08 [ X ]

Comment

5 months since discharge got hsbc discover card with 900 limit. and wamu with 2000 limit. My first was orchard secured with a $39 annual fee. But they havent ever charged it.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmc1973 View Post
              did you do the pre-qualifying app first? I haven't tried with HSBC proper, although I got an Orchard card with a $500 starting limit and $39 ann fee, 14.9%...2 days after discharge. Then I got a HSBC Best Buy MC with a $450 limit, $79 ann fee(which I'll be asking to be lowered when I activate it) and 18.99%.
              Well, what I did was go to HSBC.com and apply online for the Platinum Mastercard. They said I didn't qualify for that but I do qualify for the HSBC Credit Card. So, I'm not sure what that consists of.. I believe there's a $79 annual fee, and the interest is either 14% or 17%.

Comment

Filed Chapter VII bankruptcy on Monday 9/26/05, 341 in November 2005, discharged by March of 2006.

Orchard Bank (HSBC) sent me a pre-approved offer for a gold mastercard after sending many pre-approved offers since discharged (just didn't want to get back on the horse).

Finally took a chance and applied online for the Orchard gold mastercard. Approved online instantly for $3000.00, about a year later, approved for a credit limit increase of $200.00, total credit limit of $3200.00 as of 4/08.

Beware though, when they grant credit limit increases they charge for the C.L. increase. I was hit with a $60.00 fee for the increase.

I can't wait until the day comes when I won't be punished for my past credit sins with high interest rates and service fees for C.L. increases.

Comment

Mine...$2400 Hubby...$750...now increased to $1250.

Had both cards 1 year now with no problems. Neither card has an annual fee either. Interest rates are 15 and 18% I believe. I just looked the other day...I think that's what it said.

Interestingly enough..Hubby's credit score is much higher than mine, but my credit history goes back much further. I cant complain...I've had no problems with HBSC at all.

Comment

Thanks everyone, keep 'em coming!

I have an update. So I was approved for an HSBC MASTERCARD. That's all the new information I got right now. LOL!

Comment

HSBC was my second card (Hooter's the first). They started me out at $3K. No anual fee. 16% interest rate. I got that card I think a year ago....I was discharged in January of 2007. My limit is now $5K.
                      Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
                      Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

Wow, I hope I am as lucky as all of you who got such high starting limits!

Comment

My limit was $5000 with no fees. I recieved a application in the mail that was pre-approved. I sent it in and got the card in about 10 days.
                          Some people say to send in the card; otherwise a computer looks at your FICO scores. This card includes the increased (double) warranty on all purchases.
                          regards,
                          emoney

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X