• Time
  • Show
Clear All

disputing credit report HELP

I have pulled all 3 credit reports

Some CC companies chase and fleet
    show either charge off or canceled by creditor with a balance
    I received discharge in Aug 2005

Should I check in a few months to see if they have been changed to discharged chapter 7 bankruptcy or should I start sending letters to have it corrected.

If I do send letters should I send a copy a my discharge letter or will the letters be enough

Many thanks for any responses

Send the letters now. If you can afford it use registered mail. Send them to the 3 major credit bureaus. Enclose a copy of your discharge. cc it at the bottom to the lending institutions. Make and keep copies pf everything for yourself. The Credit Reporting Agencies are required to respond w/in 30 days. They know this and will try, however sometimes the lenders don't care and are slow to reply.
    Send another copy of everything 30 days after the first, if your issue is not addressed and corrected. Mark it "2nd Attempt" at the top. Keep doing this every 30 days until it is approved or several months.
    If it is not addressed appropriately, you can sue the CRA's and in many states the lender. That is why if it is not corrected. you keep on sending and keeping copies of everything. To sue, I think you have to show willful negligence although by law the CRA's and Lenders must respond within 30 days.
    Usually doesn't go that far and one letter w/ a copy of your discharge and (perhaps) creditor matrix should fix it up. But protect yourself in any case w/ copies and records.
    BTW, I have also heard that you should never try to clear these things up online or over the phone. (No records). Someone on here, said that a letter is 100 times better than an e-mail. Also, I think that it may be best to call them first and get the name of a person to address it to, it should never be "To Whom It May Concern".
    Just read a book at lunch re: this. I'd give you the name of the book, but didn't find it very worthwhile, except for the info I just gave you. If you still waant the title, or anyone else does. post or PM me. Thanks, Art

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X