Cell phone contract question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cell phone contract question

I currently have Sprint and I think that the amount I pay is a fair amount. Our 2 year contract with them will be up with them at the end of Oct which is after I apply for BK. They are offering to give me a $100 off my future bill if I renew my contract. Should I renew before I file? It is not about the $100 but that I am worried that I will not be able to go somewhere else if I need to with the BK on my record. The other option is just not to renew but keep paying the plan, I have done this before with them but will the BK affect this?

WELLLL, you are asking the wrong person here. I had them, and I had 400 and 600 bills. Here is what Mrs. C. and I use. Boost. It is owned and operated by Sprint. It is prepaid time and the "peeper" is what we use them for . Very little phone service. They do have plans that allow unlimited calls but you check into it. I'm not interested as I wish not to use cells except for emergency. At home, since I require high speed net, I use "MagicJack" for 20 bucks a year. Works fine, last a long time.

Don't get trapped into a contract before you file. It could cause you some complications. Best to pay on as you stated, or try Boost. Only my opinion. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by adviceplease View Post
      I currently have Sprint and I think that the amount I pay is a fair amount. Our 2 year contract with them will be up with them at the end of Oct which is after I apply for BK. They are offering to give me a $100 off my future bill if I renew my contract. Should I renew before I file? It is not about the $100 but that I am worried that I will not be able to go somewhere else if I need to with the BK on my record. The other option is just not to renew but keep paying the plan, I have done this before with them but will the BK affect this?
      I have had a contract with Sprint for years and my contract was up for renewal in the time period between my CH 7 filing and discharge. I renewed the contract at that time with no problems whatsoever. You could continue paying on a month-to-month basis or renew; either way you should be fine. The only reason I can think of that would certainly cause you problems is if you included your Sprint account in your BK.
      CH7 Filed 2/26/2009 (no asset)
      341 Meeting 4/7/2009
      Discharged 7/10/2009
      Closed 7/28/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X