top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kohls Charge still active after discharge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kohls Charge still active after discharge?

We realized this weekend that our Kohls charge was still open even after our BK discharged last week. We had a zero balance thoughout the BK process with this card. Will they end up closing it or is it common for store cards to remain open? Can I use this to start helping to rebuild credit?

Seems that I recall someone else having a Kohl's remain open after discharge. Try a couple of token purchases.
    7-2-2009 Filed
    8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
    10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

Kohl's seems to survive as ours is active and reporting correctly. We have used it a few times, after discharge, since we filed in July. I don't think they will close it.

Comment

Yes, we actually went back to the service desk to verify the account was open and then used it to save an extra $20 on our purchase. Then of course as a newly discharged (lesson learned) consumer, I set aside the cash to pay off the balance when or before it's due! I'm just hoping they leave the acct open and that by using it responsibly, it will help me rebuild.

Comment

Ugggghhhh you are so lucky!!

I miss my Kohls charge the most...I always paid it off every month but my lawyer would not let me pay my $40 balance when I filed because it would be fraud, and of course, kohls blacklisted me

Ive called them and they said I have to wait 2 years, any maybe they'd give me credit again. Or pay off the discharged amount ($42.xx). I miss the MVC coupons for when you use the card. Oh well.....
          Retained bk7 laywer 8-12-08, Filed 12-22, 341 Meeting Scheduled 1-29-09
          Discharged 4-17-09!!!
          Reason for filing: Medical, NOT irresponsibility with credit.
          "Sometimes you have to fall before you fly"

Comment

Originally posted by Intoodeep80 View Post

I miss my Kohls charge the most...I always paid it off every month but my lawyer would not let me pay my $40 balance when I filed because it would be fraud, and of course, kohls blacklisted me

Ive called them and they said I have to wait 2 years, any maybe they'd give me credit again. Or pay off the discharged amount ($42.xx). I miss the MVC coupons for when you use the card. Oh well.....
            Might be worth the 42 bucks, most CC's for us post BK folks have a 29-39 af already...plus you get a nice aged account which helps the score a lot....I would make sure they show you as paid as agreed and not IIB if you choose to pay them.
            7-2-2009 Filed
            8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
            10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

I'd try to pay the $42 bucks to get the card back. We are filing next week and have 0 balance and really hoping this card survives. With three little kids, the extra discounts really add up! I saved over $150 last year doing school shopping!

Comment

Originally posted by Intoodeep80 View Post

Me too, the MVC coupons were great to use. I had little balance with Kohls as well, but like your lawyer, my lawyer said this must be listed. So yep, oh well....
                Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
                Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

I was just discharged on 02/25 and used my card last weekend. I was one of the lucky ones and got a 30% off coupon. I had a 0 balance when we filed. I don't know how long it will stay open as they can close it anytime. Before I go shopping, I will check my account online to make sure it is still opened so I won't be embarrassed at the check out having them say the card is denied. When you can get a good discount, you can save quite a bit of money. Most of the stuff I buy is on clearance as I am a thrifty shopper and I only shop there when I have one of the coupons. I keep a list of household items I need and buy and wait until I get a 20 or 30% off coupon. When I am out and about with my girlfriends shopping, I comparison shop without buying so I know I am getting a bargain at Kohl's. This helps keep the budget in balance and allows me to have a fun day out with the girls. This last weekend I bought a new carpet cleaner for about $60 less than I could buy the exact same one at Walmart for. I pay my balance off after I get the statement and all is good .

Comment

Kohl's is owned by Senator Herb Kohl out of WI he believes in 2nd chances, and the fact that it will help the economy to keep the charge lines open. My bro in law is an auditor for them and he shared this tid bit with me.
                    Filed CH 7 12/1/2009
                    341 Meeting 01/20/2010
                    Discharged 3/22/2010
                    Closed 3/29/2010

Comment

This is great news! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X