No announcement yet.

cap one approved me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes you can request to have the AF credited back to your account or reduced what the AF was if you threaten to close the account. I'm planning on asking HSBC when my Best Buys M/C comes up for renewal next February to remove the AF or at reduce it to $39, as I'm at $59. Capital1 was good about waving the AF in the past.
    November 2, 2009: Filed Chapter 7, December 10, 2009: 341 Done! January 11, 2010 Last Day for Objections! February 9, 2010 Discharged!!! February 12, 2010 Case Closed, MyFico on 11/09: 550, Now: 715!

Comment

Originally posted by SPalin View Post
      Sometimes you can request to have the AF credited back to your account or reduced what the AF was if you threaten to close the account. I'm planning on asking HSBC when my Best Buys M/C comes up for renewal next February to remove the AF or at reduce it to $39, as I'm at $59. Capital1 was good about waving the AF in the past.
      I agree SPalin. If you call the retention department, and have been using the card (so they are making merchant fees on you at least, if not interest) then you can often get the AF reduced or removed. The key is to call the retention department and not the regular "outsourced" customer service rep.
      You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X