Recommended Credit Cards 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommended Credit Cards 2010

Quite frankly I am very surprised that AMEX is extending you any credit at all. They frown heavily on BK. Consider yourself lucky! LOL
    Chapter 7 filed - 6/12/09
    341 Meeting - 7/21/09
    Case Closed - 10/13/09

I'm sure Amex would frown heavily on me!! I discharged $30000 of debt from them!!!
    Stopped paying c. cards February 2009
    Retained attorney 11/5/09 - $100k in C.Card debt - $120000 per year income - Filed Feb 2010 - 341 Apr 2010 - No Asset Case/Report of No Dist Apr 2010 - Discharged June 2010
    Case went without a hitch!
    I HELD MY HEAD HIGH IN THAT COURTROOM AND NOW I AM MOVING ON!

Comment

Originally posted by calgirl67 View Post
      I'm sure Amex would frown heavily on me!! I discharged $30000 of debt from them!!!
      haha good job! I hate AMEX and wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire!
      Discharged 6/23/08

Comment

yeah Amex were the worst. The phone calls we got from them were the bottom of the barrel scumbags who were ruthless. One a-hole even called us on our wedding anniversary in the middle of dinner to threaten to have judgements filed against out house (we now its BS threats...)

My husband's response to this threat was and I quote: "no we can't pay right now 'cause we're at Ruths Chris Steakhouse enjoying a $300 dinner". Amex SUCKS
        Stopped paying c. cards February 2009
        Retained attorney 11/5/09 - $100k in C.Card debt - $120000 per year income - Filed Feb 2010 - 341 Apr 2010 - No Asset Case/Report of No Dist Apr 2010 - Discharged June 2010
        Case went without a hitch!
        I HELD MY HEAD HIGH IN THAT COURTROOM AND NOW I AM MOVING ON!

Comment

I'm flushing $42,117 of AMEX debt, and they are the worst when it comes to non-stop phone calls....

Comment

well after reading this forum....i didnt want to include amex...so i just paid them....i didnt want to get hounded down by them

Comment

I was discharged one week ago and was approved for an Orchard Bank unsecured card yesterday and a Best Buy gold rewardszone card today. Both cards issued from HSBC.

Comment

Originally posted by Solobaric View Post
                I was discharged one week ago and was approved for an Orchard Bank unsecured card yesterday and a Best Buy gold rewardszone card today. Both cards issued from HSBC.
                Did you have any HSBC card included in your bankruptcy?

Comment

Yes, I had one HSBC card included in my BK with around 6,000 on it discharged.

Comment

Me too - they sued me as well so they had lawyer's fees

Comment

BK Chapter 7 discharged on August 6, 2010. Within one week, received an offer (Re-establish your credit after bankruptcy) from Capital One for "No Annual Fee" and 0% introductory APR until May 2011. Applied for it and receiveed my new Capital One Platinum Master Credit Card today (08-19-2010) with a credit limit of $750.00. I was amazed. I have something to fall back on for emergency. I learnt my lesson the hard way, after a layoff.

Comment

BK Chapter 7 discharged on August 6, 2010. Within one week, received an offer (Re-establish your credit after bankruptcy) from Capital One for "No Annual Fee" and 0% introductory APR until May 2011. Applied for it and receiveed my new Capital One Platinum Master Credit Card today (08-19-2010) with a credit limit of $750.00. I was amazed. I have something to fall back on for emergency. I learnt my lesson the hard way, after a layoff.

Comment

Holy moley. How are you getting these offers? Wow. I even applied for a Capital ONE SECURED CARD and was turned down. Ugh. Wonder what I did wrong. hmmm...

Comment

I wonder how many people use an "envelope" system to manage their budget. There are so many computer programs some of which are free that will set up a envelope system for you. They will link all your accounts together, update the info daily, and let you see how much money you "really" have available. My bank even gives a program done by quicken for free.... The only thing one needs a credit rating for really is when purchasing a house. Otherwise cash is the only way to go no matter what you wish to purchase....
                            I will never ever go through this process again.

The truth is you really don't need a credit card for anything or for that matter a car loan or any other type of loan....Pay yourself that interest rate instead of some company...

Comment

I had been trying for a while to get Cap 1, finally got approved yesterday, $300 credit limit. I have household bank and Credit One. I followed everyone advice, charged small things and paid it off, Credit One raised my limit the month after I paid it off...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X