Help - BK dispute Letter :Comments are appreciated:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - BK dispute Letter :Comments are appreciated:

I am tackling BK7 discharged 4/2010; disputing negative accounts IIB.
    I think I will begin with disputing:

1) Name/Old Addresses
    1)Trade-lines IIB - attack anything wrong with reporting

Here is the letter I plan on mailing to CRA. They are all correctly reporting IIB, but my intentions are to get them deleting if possible based on other technicalities

DATE, Certified Mail No.: ***

To Whom It May Concern:

I’ve just reviewed my credit report and noticed there are several inaccurate items on my report as follows:

NAME :
    Listed former name as :xxx JR. which is inaccurate. Please remove this

ADDRESS:
    Former addresses on file are inaccurate: please remove flowing address
    - 2647 xxx, City, State, Zip
    - P.O. Box xxx, City, State, Zip

Tradelines:

BAC HOME LOANS SERVCING, LP: Account # 1***
    - Terms is not provided by creditor, Please remove this.
    - There is no payment history listed for this account, please provide this.

CHASE BANK USA, NA: Account # 4***
    - Scheduled payment amount is not provided by creditor, Please remove this.
    - This account is listed as a credit card, this is false, please correct or remove this.

CHRYSLER FINACIAL: Account # 7***
    - It is listed as an Auto Lease account, which is false. Please remove this.
    - This account is listed as a credit card, this is false, please correct or remove this.

Fifth Third Bank: Account # 8***
    - The pay status is listed as charge off, this is false, please delete this.

FMC/OMAHA SERVICE CTR: Account # 4***
    - High Credit or Credit limit or Terms or Month received not listed, please delete this
    - There is no phone number listed for this creditor, please update the account with a contact number for the creditor or remove this

GEMB/LOWES: Account # 7***
    - This is Not a Data Factoring account. Please remove this.
    - High Credit or Credit limit or Terms not listed, please delete this

GEMB/ YAHAMA: Account # 1***
    - High Credit or Credit limit or Terms or Month received not listed, please delete this
    - This account is listed as a Secured, this is false, please correct or remove this.

HSBC ART VAN: Account # 4***
    - Credit limit or Date of last payment missing, please delete this.
    - There is no payment history listed for this account, please provide this.

HSBC BANK : Account # 5***
    - There is no phone number listed for this creditor, please update the account with a contact number for the creditor.

HSBC/ BEST BUY: Account # 1***
    - Credit limit or Date of last payment missing, please delete this.
    - Date opened listed 06/2001, which is false, please correct or remove this.

MACY’S/DSNB: Account # 4***
    - High Credit or Credit limit or no payment history listed for this account, please provide this or remove it
    - Last date of payment not listed, please remove this

NEW FALLS CORPORATION: Account # 9***
    - This account is listed as a debt buyer account, this is false, please correct or remove this.
    - It reports 30 month payment receive which is false. Please remove this.

SEARS/ CBSD: Account # 5***
    - There is no phone number listed for this creditor, please update the account with a contact number for the creditor or remove this
    - Credit limit or Date of last payment missing, please delete this

WEBBANK/ DFS : Account # 7***
    - Date opened listed 02/2006, which is false, please correct or remove this.

Inquires:

The FCRA states that the only permissible purpose for pulling someone’s credit report is a) firm offer of credit b) insurance c) employment or d) a court order.
    The following inquiries are related to none of the aforementioned permissible purposes.

A) HSBC BANK NV FKA HHLB on 12/24/2010
    B) CONN CREDIT CORP on 12/23/2010
    C) AT&T SEVC,INC CONS SW IC TRAN on 08/20/2010
    D) NASA FCU on 05/03/2010
    F) ROADLOANS on 02/24/2010

Please remove these inquiries from my credit report

I have enclosed a copy of my driver’s license as proof of identity.

Sincerely,

**Any helpful comments/suggestions are appreciated, I am trying to get them deleted entirely from my reports.
    BK Filed 01/14/2010, Discharged on 04/14/2010. Start rebuilding 01/01/2011.
    Turn Down By: Conns Appliance Store, Orchard Bank (IIB HSBC), Firestone Credit-CFNA
    Approve By : Capital One ( $500 Unsecured)

If your goal is deletion, you should dispute with the SOURCE (creditors) instead of the bureaus. The bureaus won't be removing any accounts. They simple trigger an automated verification were 9 out of 10 times, even incorrect information is verified. Why? Simply because it's automated..

You can, however, send these letters to the bureaus and wait for the verification of wrong information. If you have that proof in your hand, attach a copy of that to the certified mail to the original creditor, telling them that they are now WILLFULLY reporting inaccurate information and that you (or your BK-attorney - you can provide his contact-info and name) are going to sue them for FCRA-violations and/or bankruptcy-code violations if they don't remove the entire tradeline from all reports.
    Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
    FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
    FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

My plan is to confuse CB employees so they can't code automated system...let's see what happen
      Turn Down By: Conns Appliance Store, Orchard Bank (IIB HSBC), Firestone Credit-CFNA

Comment

Originally posted by DesiPula View Post
        My plan is to confuse CB employees so they can't code automated system...let's see what happen
        Interesting. However, I don't think they will invest too much on your dispute. It is very likely they will trigger a "general" investigation on each account you disputed since you provided more than one error on each disputed tradeline.
        Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.

Comment

If those account comes back verified with any update... I can ask them to send me proofs of verification. If thyroid don't or ignore my request... Bang... Small clams and make some decent amount :-)

Comment

One fatal flaw...(actually, a few flaws), these are federal claims, you can't bring them in local, small claims court.

Personally, your expectation of getting these removed or getting any damages if not, is unrealistic.

I would not even bother with the "permissible" purpose argument. As with most people, you never actually read the full statute, and overlook the "legitimate business purpose" catch all. That is pretty much anything.

Let me guess, you bought some book or went to some website that promises that you can actually do what you are claiming, etc etc etc.

Also, some of the items being disputed are not really that disputable. FCRA requires accuracy of reported information; it doesn't require completeness. For example, if the high balance of an account is $10,000, when ti should be $12,000, that is inaccurate, but not providing any high-balance info does not trigger an accuracy issue. Just because a credit report has a category for a certain items, does not mean the reporting creditor must supply that bit of information.

Good luck, but realize, you will probably only have marginal success at best and will probably come to realize that after the 2 years or so it will take you to fight all this, your credit will be back to normal anyway. Personally, save the time and effort and put it toward MAKING MONEY, not some wild goose chase to improve your credit by 10 or so points here and there when your credit will recover in 2 years anyway.

Comment

No, actually he is getting his information from another reputable credit forum (I saw his posts there too). They typically recommend disputing with the CRA first and they do in fact sometimes delete records and do a proper investigation. There is a method that if you mail the letters a certain way and sometimes in handwriting that the letter will NOT go through the automated process.

The other benefit to doing this, is you will get an official confirmation that the trade line has been "verfied" and then have some ammo to throw at the original creditor after it comes back verified.
              BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
              Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
                No, actually he is getting his information from another reputable credit forum (I saw his posts there too). They typically recommend disputing with the CRA first and they do in fact sometimes delete records and do a proper investigation. There is a method that if you mail the letters a certain way and sometimes in handwriting that the letter will NOT go through the automated process.

The other benefit to doing this, is you will get an official confirmation that the trade line has been "verfied" and then have some ammo to throw at the original creditor after it comes back verified.
                The reason why it was recommended to dispute it with the CRAs first was actually a legal issue. In the past, you had to dispute with the CRA first in order to make the reporting lender or CA liable for any potential FCRA-violations. That was just the required way to do it. However, this law changed. Now you can dispute directly with the reporting source.

It all comes down to what your goal is. If you want to "nail" them on FCRA-violations and are "hoping" for a confirmation of a wrong reporting, you dispute with the CRA. If you want an error fixed ASAP because you have a deadline to meet (i.e. mortgage-closing), you dispute with the creditor.

And yes, even online-disputing with the CRAs can get accounts deleted - I already achieved that in the past.

Comment

My gola is get them off from my report ... that's all for now

Comment

be careful you can trigger an fraud alert on your cr.

Comment

Originally posted by IBroke View Post
                      Interesting. However, I don't think they will invest too much on your dispute. It is very likely they will trigger a "general" investigation on each account you disputed since you provided more than one error on each disputed tradeline.
                      Exactly. Bombard them with info and they most likely won't do anything. People that try to "confuse" or "game" the system are spotted pretty quick. It would probably be best to take your time on this, because they really just don't care about you or your credit......
                      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X