No announcement yet.

Capital One CC approval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi---everybody---I've just graduated to this section---recent discharge/closing of case---
    and I just got my first credit card in 14 months---Capital One---it just feels sooooooooooooo weird.

Comment

capital one doesn't like me
      i keep getting denied
      Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
      Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
      Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

I joined the Capital One club about a week ago. $500 unsecured, no fee for the first year.

It's only been a month since my discharge, although I didn't include any Cap One cards in my BK. It's a huge relief as a cc--not debit card--is required in some circumstances.
        Filed Ch 7 pro se Oct 2010 . Filed student loan AP pro se Feb 2011 . Discharged Feb 2011 . AP trial 1/10/2012 . $28K in student loans dismissed Jan 2012 . ECMC appealed. Appeal hearing 7/2012. Original judgment upheld 9/2012.

Comment

Did you all appply for more than one card and wait until you get the first one and then try for a second? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by feelingnutsy View Post
            Hi---everybody---I've just graduated to this section---recent discharge/closing of case---
            and I just got my first credit card in 14 months---Capital One---it just feels sooooooooooooo weird.
            It does feel weird, doesn't it? It's been over three years since I've had a credit card and it feels bizarre.

Scorpion, they seem to be a little perverse about some people. I did BK them but it was a small one, like $700 after fees. Some people don't BK them and still get denied. No rhyme or reason it seems.

Willswife, I only applied for Cap 1 and only after getting pre-approved. I got a ton of offers from HSBC and Orchard but didn't want to go that route. I don't plan on getting a second card until enough time goes by that I qualify for prime offers.
            A fresh start is a beautiful thing. And I'm not an attorney, just opinionated!

Comment

Originally posted by Willswife View Post
              Did you all appply for more than one card and wait until you get the first one and then try for a second? Just curious.
              I had been thinking about applying for a secured card from HSBC, but I'm just going to stick with just the Cap One for now. Maybe in 6-8 months I'll try for another one.
              Filed Ch 7 pro se Oct 2010 . Filed student loan AP pro se Feb 2011 . Discharged Feb 2011 . AP trial 1/10/2012 . $28K in student loans dismissed Jan 2012 . ECMC appealed. Appeal hearing 7/2012. Original judgment upheld 9/2012.

Comment

Hey---discombob1---I haven't used a card in 14 months---
                and I'm now retrained to cash---and feel like I'm going to
                be stepping out on a highwire---even though I'll set the money aside to pay.

Comment

I've honestly got to say that I haven't been swamped with offers---so is this good or bad?

Comment

Yep, Hot Linda from Cap 1 gave me and my wife each a card with $700 limit each, same terms as the rest of you. I dinged them for about $18K in my BK.

Also got an HSBC/Orchard for $500 each
                    Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X