Is Best Buy BK friendly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Best Buy BK friendly?

Is Best Buy still BK friendly? I was discharged in 6/2008 and I had an account with them that was included. Am I wasting my time if I try again?

Originally posted by Willswife View Post
    Is Best Buy still BK friendly? I was discharged in 6/2008 and I had an account with them that was included. Am I wasting my time if I try again?
    i think the best buy mastercard is bk friendly but the store credit card is not
    but they give out very small credit lines not really worth it
    Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
    Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
    Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

Agreed...I had a Best Buy card years ago and I closed it voluntarily when I paid it off. I had a $4K limit...I had no idea that I would be lowering my credit scores by closing zero balance cards. Long story short, I reapplied about a year and a half ago and was denied. I was about 3 years post BK at that time with no lates or missed payments.

Comment

Originally posted by bkdone View Post
        Agreed...I had a Best Buy card years ago and I closed it voluntarily when I paid it off. I had a $4K limit...I had no idea that I would be lowering my credit scores by closing zero balance cards. Long story short, I reapplied about a year and a half ago and was denied. I was about 3 years post BK at that time with no lates or missed payments.

I tried instore for a best buy card yesterday and got shot down. I was discharged in feb. Its kind of early for me to be trying, but I just want one more small limit card to help rebuild.

Comment

I discharged on 1/26/11 and got approved for the Best Buy Master Card on 3/4/11. I believe the Master Card is easier than the store card.

Comment

I wonder why? Is there still a link that will tell me if I'm pre qualified?

Comment

Originally posted by westindy78 View Post
              I discharged on 1/26/11 and got approved for the Best Buy Master Card on 3/4/11. I believe the Master Card is easier than the store card.
              I bk'd them which is why I'm nervous about applying. Did you BK them?

Comment

No I did not BK them. I never had any HSBC cards. I did not remember seeing a prequalification link either. Sorry

Comment

bb mastercard is not worth the effort most of the time they will give you 100 dollars limit and does not grow with you.

Comment

I just closed my BBRWZ MC account which was stuck at 500 dollars and was just really a waste of space in my wallet.
                    BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                    Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

We didn't include our BB store card in our BK7 because we had $0 balance on it. Soon after we filed last Nov, they closed our account, despite not being included in the BK.

Comment

Originally posted by egeitz View Post
                        bb mastercard is not worth the effort most of the time they will give you 100 dollars limit and does not grow with you.
                        You can get an increase, initially I had a $300 cl this month I was doubled to $600 I have had the card about 10 months.

Comment

I decided to apply for the Best Buy MC card but I was denied. It was probably for the best and I was definetly not surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
                            I just closed my BBRWZ MC account which was stuck at 500 dollars and was just really a waste of space in my wallet.
                            Interesting, I was given a $1,500 credit limit to start and they just bumped it to $2,000 last month, after a year of having it.
                            Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

Yes, they just did a small round of 500 dollar increases for some people a little while ago. Of course I closed it like 2 weeks before the increases happened... but then it would have still only been a 1,000 limit. And as far as I know, the limit increases they did last month were the first in ages.
                              BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                              Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X