top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which cards let you see if you're pre-qualified first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which cards let you see if you're pre-qualified first?

Are there any other companies besides Capital One that you will let you see if your pre-qualified first prior to applying?

TIA

Credit One is another one.
    Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
    FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
    FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

Thanks but I'm not really a fan of their fees.

Comment

HSBC does but that's another one with bad fees. Orchard too.
        A fresh start is a beautiful thing. And I'm not an attorney, just opinionated!

Comment

Originally posted by Willswife View Post
          Thanks but I'm not really a fan of their fees.
          Well, their fees are average - considering re-building after BK. But since you are looking for cards with the pre-quali feature, I can already tell you that there aren't many others out there.

Credit One already increased my CL 3 weeks after I opened the account.
          Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.

Comment

Originally posted by IBroke View Post
            Well, their fees are average - considering re-building after BK. But since you are looking for cards with the pre-quali feature, I can already tell you that there aren't many others out there.

Credit One already increased my CL 3 weeks after I opened the account.
            how do u like credit one?
            how much did u have to pay to get a credit line increase?
            Last edited by scorpion35; 03-19-2011, 05:54 PM.
            Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
            Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
            Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

Originally posted by scorpion35 View Post
              how do u like credit one?
              how much did u have to pay to get a credit line increase?
              My initial CL was $500. After the first statement which was issued right away and only consisted the $75 annual fee, a paid $50 online - double the minimum payment. After that, I spent about $350 on that account. Around that time, they already increased my CL to $600 - I guess after they received my first payment which somewhat verified that I was "for real"...

So far, I'm totally satisfied. They deliver what I expected and report to the 3 bureaus.

Comment

If you are opt'ed in, you can see if you're prequalified for WFNNB store cards. Then, if you accept the preapproval you can get them without a hard inquery on your report. Such stores are Victoria's Secret, Brylan Homes, King Size, Spiegal, The Avenue, One Stop Plus, Value City Furniture ... there are a bunch more as well but you basically register on their site for an account and then it will either pop up with a preaproval or you won't see it till you put something in your cart and then go toward check out. When accepting the offer you will only give them the last 4 digits of your social and poof you have a card without a hard inquery.

But you won't get any of the pre approvals if you are not opt'd in.
                BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X