Re-Aging on BK Accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-Aging on BK Accounts

I've looked through some threads here and did not find an answer to my question, but if there is a thread with answers, please guide me to it. Hope my post will not be redundant. Here goes:

BK discharged in 2010. I pulled all 3 bureaus and disputed info and got it corrected to state "included in BK" and zero balance. Now, 2 years later, I have items that state "included in BK" and zero balance, but give new information such as, "from 10/2010 to 2011 high credit was 4000" or "0 balance owed on 02/12, 03/12, etc." What is going on here? Why are they re-aging these closed accounts and what can I do about it? Should I reopen my BK case and motion the judge to take a look? I did file a complaint already with the FTC.

I've also noticed a couple of inquiries by Bank of America in 2011 and 2012. The loan was closed (included in BK) in 2010. I do not believe they have any permissible purpose whatsoever.

I am going through a similar situation now and I have reopened my BK and let me warn you the Judge wants to make sure they are aware of the activity and have a chance to correct. The banks usually blame this activity on an "automatic" computer program and swear they had no idea it was happening. If they are not aware of the action they are not knowingly violating the injunction. Write them and have proof of service if you want to reopen. My Judge kept my case open but is requiring me to write all creditors again and give them 60 days to correct the errors before he will consider sanctions.

Comment

Thank you for the advice and I'm going to do exactly what you suggest. Why am I not surprised that creditors are allowed to weasel out of correct reporting and given generous opportunies to correct. Its obscene. What if they do correct it and then a couple of years later start reporting it wrong again (like mine originally)? Please keep me up to date on what happens with your situation, as I'm curious as to the outcome. Did you bother to complain to the FTC? Even if that does no good, it sure felt good to vent & maybe they do keep track of these complaints - of course the banks will just get a lobbyist to bribe the CONgress member who makes any motion to help protect debtors and rewrite the rules in the banks favor.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X